News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tyranids, Ultramarines, Dark eldar, all down the drain!  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Slayer

• can you guess which internal organ this is?
Tyranids, Ultramarines, Dark eldar, all down the drain!
« on: February 9, 2002, 11:40:35 PM »
I played in a tourney today, 1500, and beat all those guys, pretty lopsidedly in the end.  Made a few ridiculous mistakes, but was happy, as ive only played for a month now.  I was even 106pts under!! D'oh!!

during the 'nid game, my talos fired for 2 turns into gaunt squads, then charged a suped up carnifex w/barbed strangler(Aaaahhh!!!)(135pts), stomped it, then ran into a hive tyrant and wounded it twice! it was awesome, but there werent any cows in sight......

And rolling all those splinter cannoned scourge shots was so much fun!! and disintegrators into a tightly packed devastator squad!  aaguuugh....droolll lll....and killing a demolisher, then a predator annihilator with a 10 man squad w/ 2 lances!! and........

oh yeah, there were 5, FIVE dark eldar players, out of 12, I took 3rd(stupid things, like not moveing guys into depolyment zones, etc.), first was DE, and second was Eldar.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2002, 11:42:36 PM by Slayer »

Offline Jiaurtel

• As Ynnead rises Death shall reign supreme!
Re:Tyranids, Ultramarines, Dark eldar, all down the drain!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2002, 04:48:45 PM »
Hehe Eldar still rule the tournies I see. Take that Emperor!

Offline ChaosMarine

• Newest
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2002, 06:53:09 PM »
hey i am replying to ur de tourney i was wondering if what army you were using and i havtt to tell you i would kick ur ass
wit all of my chaos space marines you dip :-X

Offline Slayer

• can you guess which internal organ this is?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2002, 08:22:34 PM »
Say what Chaos?  I didnt know the english language could be used with such finesse. ::)

And i wasnt 106 under, i was 24, i just cant add.

Anyways, chaos, i was using de, as implied by the army specific weapons and units.  And chaos dont scare me, we are "inured to death and pain".

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2002, 09:54:25 PM »
There are two simple receipies to whoop chaos ass with your DE army.

Grotesques and Darklances/disintigrators, preferably in combination. The nice thing about grotesques vs Chaos is that Chaos doesn't have a single template weapon except for the heavy flamer(and that only goes on dreadnoughs, predators and Termies) that can wound them. And the Heavy flamer is very short ranged I might add. And chaos doesn't have a single Guessranged weapon either.

So put those nice Grotesques up on a line(and they arn't bad in CC either), base to base and set up as many Warriors squads as you like behind them. Then start the Darklance fest where you will be very likely to pick of LOADS of Chaosplayers before they even get close. And with that Grotesque line all Bolters(including heavy), Fragmissiles etc will be horribly inneffective. The only thing that will be marginally effective will be Autocannons since Kraks and Lascannon shots is a severe overkill.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline TurkOrk

• This Time It's Waaaaaaaagh!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2002, 06:06:36 AM »
i reckon orks are best suited to tourneys coz they never get their army broken (And also the fact that they are the coolest army to have !!)
This Time its Waaagh!!!

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2002, 04:54:54 PM »
harlequins and arbites are the coolest armies to have... they have the least websites.  I have yet to see a website for the CJ arbites list.

Offline Karakth

• The Dark Eldar don't kill- They Slaughter!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2002, 02:31:52 PM »
Everyone to his (or her, but very rarely) taste, I guess. Me, I never played a tourney but I'm Dying to play one. Still, I have to wait till summer....
~Karakth

Offline Rumblebelly

• Rumble Rumble Rumble
  • Ancient
  • To Maltheon V for Imperial Slaves!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2002, 02:06:17 AM »
An official congratulations from the DE community here at EO.  Let's make ourselves known at every tournament we play in.

May the Dark Eldar reign supreme!

Rumble