News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Troop Analysis  (Read 334 times)

Offline CODEXsc

• Sybarite
Troop Analysis
« on: October 30, 2003, 03:42:54 PM »
The dark elder troops are very good for an all around purpose. I like to take at least 2 big squads and 4 smaller squads. The smaller squads usually have dark lances unless I am playing certain army’s.

The big squads I give 2 splinter cannons 2 blasters and a sybarite with agonizer and ccw. This way they are equipped for anything. The splinter cannons kill the troops the blasters kill terminaters, dreadnots, wraithlords and tanks. The sybarite is equipped for close combat. So that is everything right there. You got the troop killing power the tank killing power and the assaulting power. Hope this will help people who are having some trouble equipping there army.

I almost always take the numbers game so I love troops. I almost always take 6 troop choices. The splinter cannon blaster sybarite idea always work because your opponent wont shoot at them much because they think dark elder troops are weak and cant do anything. Well they are weak but they can pack a lot of power.

Good luck Dark Eldar players and cause as much pain as you can.

CPDEXsc

Kei'Ariq: Title spelling corrected
« Last Edit: November 2, 2003, 06:20:40 PM by Kei'Ariq »

Offline Rathnard

• Sybarite
  • If you were dead, I'd be home by now...
Re:Troop annalisis
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2003, 02:40:17 AM »
Dark Eldar warriors are brilliant, no question about it. I tend to load up on troops as well, with 1500 points having troops maxxed out at 6, and 1000 usually being at 5.  

The numbers game is good fun. My current 1500 point army has 89 models in it, though it use to be 100.

"There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything"

-Werner Erhard

Offline Purple Area

• Ancient
Re:Troop annalisis
« Reply #2 on: November 2, 2003, 03:24:04 PM »
Ok, so your telling us you use 20 man warrior squads and you find them effective, you also take "smaller" squads, and dark eldar troops are weak but effective.

Right....

I would say a troop analysis would be more along the lines of what are the most commonly used ways to organize your troops.

Raider Assault Squad (181 pts)

10 warriors in a raider, with a splinter cannon, a blaster, a sybarite with an agonizer, and a horrorfex on the raider.
   This squad is very solid and well-rounded.  It's very fast as its in a raider, and can actually pack a punch in assault due to its preliminary shooting and then the subsequent assault with the agonizer.
     The agonizer is invaluable for a warrior squad destined for assault.  It allows the warriors to take on a huge variety of opponents and effectively kill things.
    Conclusion:  Good solid choice for a raider-rushing army.  Can also support assault units such as wyches in incubi if they get bogged down.

Raider GunBoat squad (115-155 points)

This squad consists of 5-10 warriors in a raider.  They are meant for shooting, and do NOT disembark from the raider unless theres some wierd circumstance.
   They have 1 splinter cannon and 1 blaster, and the raider has a lance/dissie and a horrorfex.  The squad pretty much floats around and shoots stuff.
   When there are 5 warriors, the squad is not only shooting, but cheap cover for your more important raiders.  It runs in front of these raiders, blocks LOS to them, and makes very effective mobile terrain.
   Conclusion:  Used to zoom around and shoot crap, and also works as mobile terrain and protection for your more important raiders.

Raider sniper squad (105 points)

This is a 5 man squad in a raider with a dark lance.  At the very beginning of the game, the squad is dropped off, and hangs around like a mini-sniper squad.
   The raider zooms around empty, using its dark lance, and also acts as mobile terrain and protectino for more important raiders.
   Conclusion:  Skeleton raider and a mini-sniper squad, quite fragile, but still nice as you get 2 seperate dark lances, 1 of which is very mobile and can provide protection for your other things.

Sniper Squad (100 points):

Standard, 10 man squad with 2 dark lances.  Sits and shoots, pretty self-explanatory.

Big Squad (190-218 points):

This is a 20 man squad of warriors with 2 splinter cannons and 2 blasters.  You can also add a sybarite with an agonizer for increased flexibility.  This squad isn't very common, and IMO has only a few uses.
   One use is in an entire DE footslogging army (which is hard to play, and is really only for variety from a standard DE list, but fun to play), and it just functions within that army.
   Another use is coming out of a webway portal, where they can become a very effective assault unit, you need the sybarite if your doing it this way.
   Conclusion:  Pretty uncommon, has few uses.

Those are the most common ways people use DE warriors, lemme know if I missed a main one.
http://rangerofalaitoc.proboards25.com/index.cgi

Highschool:  Too many characters and not enough plot.

If she can't take a joke, f*** her.
~ Tucker Max

When reason fails, go for volume
~ Calvin