News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: wyches and drugs  (Read 468 times)

Offline Rookie2788

• Realm of Runes
wyches and drugs
« on: September 21, 2003, 10:55:51 PM »
ive been playing de along time now, alittle over a year, ok maybe not THAT long. anyways, if u buy your succubus combat drugs, can u pick what drugs the whole squad use??? cuz thats what a friend of mine told me.... and i should belive him cuz he knows alot about the game but i dunno
WANT TO PLAY WARHAMMER ONLINE?
VISIT REALM OF RUNES FOR MORE INFO:
http://s7.invisionfree.com/Realm_of_Runes/index.php?
(Go to the articles section)

Offline Invidious

• Lazerous Penguin
Re:wyches and drugs
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 11:10:38 PM »
Yeah, the wording in the codex is a little confusing.  But long story short no.  You roll for the squad at the beginning of the battle as normal.  If the succubus takes Combat Drugs, then she doesnt get the benifits of squad drugs.  She may choose her own PERSONAL option/s as normal, but the effects of this dont apply to the squad.

Wasp
The thing I hate the most about 40K is people who amass the largest possible quantities of their Codex's most powerful unit and then proceed to call it "theme".

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
Re:wyches and drugs
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 01:33:04 AM »
Wasp is right.
As a proof for your opponent, you can use the very first entry of the DE Q&A:
"Chapter Approved – Codex: Dark Eldar Q&A (v2.0)
Q. The Reavers get the result of 1 on their Combat Drugs roll and never fall back. The Succubus in the squad has her own drugs, and the result of ‘Crazed! Ignores fall back results...’ is not available to her. Now, if the squad loses combat, they will not fall back because of the squad’s drugs, but will the Succubus have to make a Morale check and possibly fall back
(thus leaving the squad)? This is only an issue because she is not an Independent Character.
A. Hmmm, this is a good question. Overall unless all of a unit is immune to falling back (for whatever reason) it is best to assume that the unit will fall back if they fail a morale test. Under no circumstances should a unit be broken up and it is unfair for models that do not have a fearless or similar ability to benefit from being in proximity to some that do. There are some exceptions to this, for example Warlocks who are joined to Wraithguard units but these exceptions
should be specifically stated."

This would make absolutely no sense if a combat drug dispenser of the succubus would affect the whole squad.

jwu