News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harakoni Warhawks  (Read 2115 times)

Offline ShockTrooper

• Find the xeno, see the xeno, purge the xeno
Harakoni Warhawks
« on: January 1, 2004, 06:07:38 PM »
Okay ive started a new IG army and i thouhgt it would be fun to try somthing that wasnt either the green and yellow cadian 8th or catchans so i was looking through the codex and i thought Warhawks would be ..well neat but i have a few problems i need help with....

For mainly storm trooper i want some easy to make way for a grav shute pack.

i need an idea how to paint the tanks using my yellow and black paint sceam.

and im thinking it would be VERY annoying to the other player if i had 60 guards men deep striking in (with storm troopers kaskin) im thinking hard of a way to make a rather felixbal army for this...

??? ??? ???

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
Re: Harakoni Warhawks
« Reply #1 on: January 1, 2004, 06:10:22 PM »
oh my god! The size of the Avatar!

Ahem, best not mention the Warhawk Regiment around here, it replaced the Eylsian Droptroops.

The Eylsians were out long before the warhawks, had pretty much the same rules in Chapter Approved. But when the new codex came out, the Elysians wern't mentioned. The closest thing to them were these Warhawks, which made all the Elysian players mad, because they blame these Warhawks for replacing their beloved Elysians.

Offline Wargamer

• Codex King, Field Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Guess what I've been doing!
« Reply #2 on: January 1, 2004, 06:11:09 PM »
Firstly, reduce that picture to a normal size, it's way too big!

Secondly, you can't Deep Strike Grenadiers. I'd recommend you give them Chimeras with smoke launchers and hurl them forwards from turn 1 (my friend dous it, and it works, trust me ;)).

Was a General of the Imperial Guard, now more of a freelance Captain sort of thing. Ish. Keeping the rank pins though, they look nice.

EOdex Harlequin Player, now and always.
Death to the fake Harlequins!

"Let's make some mischief!"
-175th Galetonian.

Offline General Siegler

• General, Nobody knows who I am!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Retired member of the 40konline Commissariate.
    • Imperial Guard Message Board
« Reply #3 on: January 1, 2004, 06:12:23 PM »
first of all: FIND A SMALLER AVATAR!
secondly: harakoni warhawks should burn in hell for pushing the Elysians out the picture
thridly: TANKS HAVE NO PLACE IN A DROPTROOP ARMY!
and lastly: try the necromundian heavies back packs and you havent seen annoying amounts of deepstriking troops till you've seen the CA2003 Elysian list ;D
General of the Imperial Guard's Special Operations and Airborne division.

Offline Kaliban La Rousse

• Lurking in the background
« Reply #4 on: January 1, 2004, 06:27:12 PM »
Shrink your avatar please

Welcome to 40k ca

To make grav chutes I suggest using smoke launchers and sticking em to the back of your troopers

For the the tank colours I suggest doing bands of colour and where they meet mix the two colours and paint a differing or "blending" band of colour
Non-orthopedically sprung life forms are reminded that matresses are the only sentient creatures that need floloping every day

Space Marines - Golden Disciples 4500pts done
Imperial Guard - 1st Elonian Janizars - w.i.p.

Offline ShockTrooper

• Find the xeno, see the xeno, purge the xeno
« Reply #5 on: January 1, 2004, 06:32:21 PM »
okay...

1.)The avatars gone.. :-[

2.) okay okay ..im new to Ig so i had no idea about eylsians but you (as a alternate regmental organisations) make your army a drop troop one which lets you deep strike your army

3.)tanks do ... havnt you ever heard of a tank with a big jet pack (no neither have i)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #6 on: January 1, 2004, 06:32:26 PM »
Why worry about modelling a grav chute? Soon as your lads hit the ground they're going to drop them as being useless. WYSIWYG doesn't cover them the moment after you deep strike.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline The Cosmic Serpent

• "On Time, On Target" - 7th Elysian Air Mobile
    • The Drop Zone: Home of the Elysian Drop Troops
« Reply #7 on: January 1, 2004, 06:49:49 PM »
I personally, being one of the Elysian players, don't mind the Warhawks at all.  I don't look at them taking the place of the Elysians - so no hard feelings from me.

Now onto drop troops - if you want do deep strike the whole army, just take Storm Troopers instead of Grenadiers (same stats, except they can deep strike).  3 units of Storm Troopers (all your elite choices, alternatively you could take veteran squads if you take the vets doctrine), plus the 2 platoons that your required to have in a normal guard army should give you a really solid base of troops to start with.

And please, no tanks in a drop troops army - unless of course your not going to be deep striking and puttting everyone on the board in a normal fashion, then its cool.
Commander - 16th Drop Troop Brigade
The Drop Zone: Home of the Elysian Drop Troops http://home.comcast.net/~rprzybyl/