News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1700 LGC Tourney List. The 222nd Cadian Light Infantry.  (Read 434 times)

Offline *Striker*

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • "Oh, all you have left to fire is the flashlights"
1700 LGC Tourney List. The 222nd Cadian Light Infantry.
« on: August 23, 2007, 01:22:18 PM »
My LGC is hosting it's major tournament of the year and I'm attending.  I've got my 1700 point light infantry based list planned out and am putting up for review.  Half the tables will be cityfight tables and I hope to take advantage of the lessons learned from last tournament.(namely, more rough riders!).  I aimed to use an 99% infantry list and thus I've used all of my current infantry models(bar two meltagunners) to satisfy the requirements.

222nd Cadian Light Infantry Regiment

The Doctrines

Skills and Drills: Light Infantry:  This forms the basis of my army, I am hoping to use the ability of infiltrate to put my guys in all the right places to counter the enemy and get good firing lanes.  Plus it helps me spread out if the mission is "table quarters".  EVERY squad in my list that could take it has taken it, bar the veterans.
Allow Rough Riders:  My main counter assualt element, these guys rarely are wasted.
Allow StormTroopers: Special weapons support and tank hunting is nice.
Skills and Drills: Iron Discipline : No explanation needed.  ALL my command squads have this.
Skills and Drills: Sharpshooters: This is more of a filler doctrine.  I gave it to my fire support squad for added shootiness.

HQ:
Command Platoon
Command squad: Led by JO with Honorifica ("Colonel Graff") with power weapon and bolt pistol.
Contains "The Flag"
Light inf, iron discipline.
97 pts

Fire support squad:
3 heavy bolter teams, sharpshooters.
100 pts

Sentinal:
"The Emporer's Gallus" equipped with multilaser, smoke launchers, search light and extra armour.
This is the one vehicle I included in my army.  Why?  Because he's the first to deploy, and he gets to screw around with opponents deployment zones or guard mine, and the scout move will hopefully allow him to surive.
54 pts

"Colonel Commisar Malik"
Gaunt stats, my own name/fluff.  I took him because he will be useful for a nice leadership 10 bubble plus he's decent for counter assault.  I checked, characters are allowed in this tourny.

Troops:

222nd Cadian Alpha platoon
"Flamer command"
Command squad: JO with powersword and boltpistol. Iron discipline, light inf. 2 flamers and two guardsmen with pistol/ccw.
73 pts, Close range counter assault.

Squad one
Missle launcher, Grenade Launcher, Light inf.
93pts

Squad two
Autocannon, Grenade Launcher, Light inf.
93 pts

"Maliks 'favourites'"(remnants squad)
5 guardsmen, flamer, light inf.
46 pts, Suicide squad, yay!

222nd Cadian Beta Platoon.
"plasma command"
JO with powersword, laspistol.  Iron discipline, light inf.  Two plasma gunners, vet medic.

Squad one
Lascannon, GL, Light inf.
103 pts

Squad two
GL, Light inf
78 pts. No heavy weapons for these guys. They'll be objective takers or meatshields as needed.

581st Steel Legion attatchment(Infantry platoon, I really like the SL models, but they are expensive so I use a mixed army.)

"Plasma command...again"
Command squad.  JO with power sword and laspistol, iron discipline, light inf, 3 plasma gunners and vet medic.
101 pts.

Two infantry squads with Lascannon, GL and light inf at 103 pts each.

Elites:

Hardened vets
NO light inf(redundant mostly).
Missle Launcher and 3 GL's.
124 pts.

Plasma Storm troopers
nilla seargent, 2 plasma gunners, 3 other storm troopers.  Equipped with Deep Strike AND infiltrate. I know it seems a waste to do both.  However I may choose to do one or the other depending what mission I'm playing or the opponent's army. 
92 pts.

Melta Stromtroopers
Vet sarge with powerweapon, 2 melta gunners, 3 other storm troopers, Deepstrike.
97 pts.   These are tank/creature hunters.

Fast attack:
2* 5 man rough rider squads with hunting lances and vet sarge at 61 pts each
1*5 man rough rider squad with hunting lances but no vet sarge at 55 pts.

Comments about the list:

Yes I do have a fair amount of plasmaguns. Lets just say I'm preparing for the 2+save abuse I know I'm going to see in the tourny with demon princes with speed and armour as well as the possibility of facing one of the two nidzilla lists(with plenty of 2+save goodness) that are supposedly coming.  I need as much ap2 as I can cram in.

Light Infantry works:  Being able to deploy after your opponent army is a wonderful thing, it allows you to put all the right weapons in all the right places.  Sure it costs and you don't have as many squads.  However on the bright side you don't have as many USELESS squads.

Why no tanks?  Lets just say I've found them extremely unreliable in the past.  I have bad luck generally with my tanks and the never get their points back before they die.  They are getting shafted for competitive play untill either either I like them or they like me.

Roughriders...are.. .awesome.  Nothing like seeing a unit of terminators get creamed by an "inferior" unit.

I appreciate any comments I get, Tear it up so hopefully I can put it back together in a better way.

Oh, and I might post a tourney report after I'm finished.(Maybe even with pictures!) Depends If I feel ambitious enough.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 01:24:57 PM by Lt. Striker »