1) What do you guys see happening to SoB in the future? The whole electronic-only codex doesn't exactly instill me with confidence that GW plans continued support... If GW's likely to leave them on the perpetual back burner and/or send them to play with the Squats, I think I'd be better off biting the bullet and paying more for a brand new Tau list anyways.
2) What are some good ways of playing sisters now? In the past I seem to remember people most people spamming rhinos, immolators, celestine, and seraphim. Is that still the best approach or are there any interesting alternatives? Especially any interesting alternatives opened up by allies?
3) Speaking of allies, what would be a good way to use alliled IG? Allied Marines? My primary concern with a sisters list, I guess, is that it's antiair is awful on it's own. I assume allies would be the most reasonable approach to address that? It's close combat is also pretty awful, and I can see marines at least providing some options there....
4) If I wanted to expand my collection a little bit from what I presently have, with the aim of hitting a decent 1500 point list, what are some suggested purchases to keep going?
5) What squad sizes do people like, especially now that there's some added flexibility with that?
6) How do people like to kit out their squads?
7) Is it possible to run a reasonably successful sisters list w/o allies, or are flyers and the new things just too much of a pain for them to deal with effectively on their own?
1) I don't ask myself that question. Current 'dex is good (read: not squatted) for at least 2 more editions and at least somebody at GW likes the girls.
2) Most games I have at least one Exorcist, if not two (my 1500 list fields 2+the FW Avenger). I use transports sparingly, usually for a minpack of Dominons to come in to melt things.
3) Priests are one of the most evil ways to stiffen up an IG infantry blob. Dirt cheap, War Hymns, etc. They tend to do the Commissar's job better than he can and are force-multipliers to boot. Only thing that a Commissar has over them is the improved LD for orders and the SoB priest can't get into an IG Chimera. Remember that you can take a fortification to pick up some AA. I've considered taking some artillery or proper air power for mine (but then if I need something the local Inquisitor can usually requisition a couple Valkyries).
4) If you are looking for more FW, then pick up a single Avenger Strike Fighter. It's the A-10 of the 41st Millenium, except replace "tank" with "MEQ+MC". Also look into converting a Battle Conclave or two. Also consider adding an Inquisitor from C:I if you want/need the extra vehicle choices. Get Priests.
5) For footslogging, I've found better luck with the new Faith rules to go for smaller groups of battle sisters (currently 6-7 models).
6) Flamer/Hvy, Melta/Flamer, etc. I usually pass out storm bolters to the Superiors. My Lady Valkyrie
(counts-as Celestine) usually hops around with a squad of Seraphim. Unfortunately she is my go-to HQ choice still.
7) It's feasible, and what I have been running lately myself. Having your own bird in the air is a great help, though.