News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: DE can shoot too...  (Read 1375 times)

Offline TokathMarg

• The Scorpion of Death
DE can shoot too...
« on: February 4, 2002, 05:14:00 PM »
Just played my first engagement in a long time (well, actually, I played it yesterday). A normal cleanse, against an Imp player. 1000pts. He used mainly infantry, and had 1 basilisk and 1 heavy w. squad with rocket launchers. I myself had 3 units of 16 warriors, each with splinter cannons, and one of them with 2 blasters, 1 dracon w/2 Incubi and a few warriors (5-6) in a raider, a wych squad of 7 models, and 4 jetbikes. Well, I kinda shot every unit in his army to pieces. After turn 6 he had 4 models in the hw squad and the basilisk left. I didn't even get to assault, since they died before I got close. the wyches never reached the enemy, but in the end was used to capture a table quarter, and my dracons raider was shot down in turn, killing all but herself, 1 incubi and a warrior. They had to wade through the battle, but she managed to get into CC with 3 models (2 models from one Imp Squad, and a single bazookaman from another. She did of course kill 'em all...), and actually managed to get a crew shaken (no use there) on the tank with a haywire grenade...

In the end I had lost about half my warriors, 4 wyches, 1 incubi, and my dracon.

My army was crappy, yes, having 3 ranged weapons able to damage the tank (2 blasters and one lance), but still I managed... :)

Okey, now I got to paint up 2 more raiders, buy a third one, buy and paint the rest of my wyches (2 squads of 9 or 10, got 12 models at the moment...witch elves rock as wyches :) ), buy some lances on foot (already ordered, should be in my possesion in about a week, hopefully), and everything will be allright. I think  8)
"United we stand; divided we fall; together we are One"

Since everyone seems to make such nice "Win Draw Losses" statistics in their signature, I think I'll do that as well...these stats, for some reason, do not include all the games I played earlier and can't remember the outcome of (nor do they include those I can remember the outcome of, as this would mean a bit high score on the win side)

Wins     Draws     Losses
  1             1             1