News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The State of Sigmar  (Read 580 times)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
The State of Sigmar
« on: October 17, 2022, 10:09:51 PM »
Hey, guys! I'm feeling unenthused for 40k at the moment, so I was starting to toy with the idea of a new foray into AoS. Last time I played was in second edition. What are people's thoughts about the game now? Is it still pretty well balanced? Is it fun? Any thoughts on the following armies:

Slave of Darkness (esp. Be'lakor)
Soulblight Gravelords
Gloomspite Gits

Anyone?

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: The State of Sigmar
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 12:50:14 PM »
Hey, guys! I'm feeling unenthused for 40k at the moment, so I was starting to toy with the idea of a new foray into AoS. Last time I played was in second edition. What are people's thoughts about the game now? Is it still pretty well balanced? Is it fun? Any thoughts on the following armies:

Slave of Darkness (esp. Be'lakor)
Soulblight Gravelords
Gloomspite Gits

Anyone?

Hey Wyddr!

I've been playing and following AoS through 2nd edition into 3rd edition - and I've taken a bit of hiatus, but am too gearing up to return.

Age of Sigmar 3rd Edition - had a bit of rocky launch due to covid and that causing major delays in the release schedule. However - the release of quarterly balance updates and a slew of new tomes coming in - Age of Sigmar has come nearer to a harmonious balance than it ever has before.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/29/metawatch-how-the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-team-uses-tournament-data-to-balance-the-game/

Slaves to Darkness - are in line to receive an official range overhaul / update. The collector's box will be out I believe this winter - with the range coming out in early January. Lots of buffs, new units, and synergies. Belakor is a mix of daemons and warriors of chaos.

Soulblight Gravelords - still powerful I believe, I am not certain how well their 2nd edition tome has translated into 3rd edition. They are set to get a third edition tome though that will likely spice things up.

Gloomspite Gitz - I think Gitz are set to receive an update via the new quarterly update. They've been kind of volatile in terms of consistent power level and performance, but the new quarter update will see some revisions and points adjustments for both them and kruleboyz.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!