News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tavern War No More  (Read 3062 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Tavern War No More
« on: June 10, 2005, 09:26:33 AM »
I'm not doing it and both Taverns will remained locked.

Why? Because many of the people taking part spammed up a thread even after I and DF told them not to. As one of the spammer (Yoda) pointed out there are rules in the tavern found here: Rules Of The Space Tavern - READ 'EM and you may want to pay close attention to the Gloden Rule, the character thread is about characters of the war, not posting nonesense.

But that isn't the whole reason I'm closing it. I've been organising this, spending my own time doing it as I thought it'd be fun, all I wanted was for you peole not to cause chaos, and what do you do? Cause Chaos and take the piss out of me.

Now then, some points to give to some people:

Yoda, I've defended you agaisnt the spammer people say you are, rest assured I wont be doing that any more.

swordwind, thanks for not spamming and trying to make them see sense although you deteriorated during the end. Oh, and if you want me to show everyone why I don't like you I'd be more than happy to show them your spam on TF and your talks about wantign to be a Mod etc. and then all amphetamine parrot you've given me here with constantly bringing it up and sayign I'm out to get you and complaining to Rasmus about me. Oh and before me there was Vice, who was a bit like Lomendil I believe.

Sejj, again, thanks for trying to give them a good slap to the senses, and I wasn't goign to be biased to your whole side because of swordwind, I would have just picked on him like I would have picked on Fox, Yoda and others.

Seer Fox, I do lighten up, but the fact of the matter is that this went too far, if I hadn't stuck by my warnign then I wouldn't be enforcing the rules I put up here and therefore wouldn't be Moderating this board like I should.

And finally, those of you who spammed in the thread have had it added to your 'permanant record' of offences here on 40kO.

~MTWC
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 11:06:58 AM by Makenshi, The White Cloud »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline GladeRider

Re: Tavern War No More
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 10:01:55 AM »
Yes well i do believe theres a large apology due for our actions last night. Not that I'm thinking this will change anything at all just wanting to say sorry for havoc and chaos last night i caused / helped encourage .

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 10:03:27 AM »
Apologies wont do a damn thing. I'm not doing this and the threads aren't getting unlocked.

~MTWC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline GladeRider

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 10:06:55 AM »
Yes i know thats why i posted earlier saying this wont change anything. I just feel bad. So quite sorry for all the time you spent on this just to have us screw it up .

Offline Dark Flame

• I messed with the wrong farseers AGAIN, yet somehow became an unactive Mod
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »
  Well, it's a sad occassion, but it was definately deserved.  Unfortunately, they wouldn't actually listen to the few who were actually trying to talk sense in a calm way (me, and, at some point, surprisingly, Yoda), so, I guess that is that.  It just went far too over the top, and the tavern wars will be missed.

Offline Wurzelmaniac

• MINF: Back on the Market
  • Ancient
  • Masculine In Sex
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 10:43:44 AM »
*Sigh* I logged off before this lot started but from what I've seen people just gave up on it. Whatever happened to patience? It woulda started in another few days!
Quote from: Razyus
Quote from: Salami Tadico
I could do rules, but I really just want to spam Goatse and the like somewhere without restraint or fear of reprisal.
We get it. You've got issues.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 10:55:06 AM »
Whatever happened to patience? It woulda started in another few days!

Agreed, I even promised it would start during the weekend sinetad of possibly some time afterwards.

Oh, and since it's over, Hymril was a traitor, he was feeding your plans to Seer Fox and planned to double-cross you. Raven was going to do the same and Fox gave swiper false plans.

~MTWC

Offline FarseerTelemnar

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 10:59:06 AM »
I wondered would the traitor was. Never really knew it was him. Well Yoda, the troll, and someone else within Foxs group was going to turnt he tables on him durnig the war. Then again that could have been a lie as well. ................... ................... ....
New RPG Click Here

Remember the Black Dragon Inn

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 11:00:57 AM »
No, that was swiper who was doing that, that's why Fox was laughing his head off during Swipers posting in the Black Dragon which led up to this whole thing.

~MTWC

Offline Salami

• I'm a just unworthy of a custom title.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 11:26:06 AM »
What about the creation of a new tavern? Only this time without any wars?
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

(Rictiovarus is the Tavern antichrist).

Offline Uzzy

• Long Fang | I argue as no-one cares
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Major Badass
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 11:27:27 AM »

But that wouldnt be any fun.

Anyway. BOOO! Down with humourless mods who delete my posts!

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 11:29:11 AM »

No.

But that wouldnt be any fun.

Anyway. BOOO! Down with humourless mods who delete my posts!

Uzzy, piss off, I've had enough of dealing with idiots, I don't need you calling me humourless when I'm only trying to do my job as a Mod.

~MTWC

Offline Uzzy

• Long Fang | I argue as no-one cares
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Major Badass
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 11:36:16 AM »
No, im just calling you humourless in general. Regardless of you doing any 'mod jobs'

I miss the Space Tavern.

Offline BladeWind

• Infinity Circuit, Iconic Wizard
  • ~BW~
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 11:49:05 AM »
hmm it's a shame that everyone did so much just for this 'event' and then had it all go to waste, i was really looking forward to it.

i'm sure glad i was asleep during the spamming frenzy. i wouldn't want people to hate me right now.
anyway...sorry if i did do something wrong in the whole war thing

Offline Salami

• I'm a just unworthy of a custom title.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 12:25:26 PM »
So, we all have to pay for the actions of the few. I think you should just have banned the spammers or something. I was looking forward to this war, and I behaved myself to prevent this.

Won't you please reconsider a new tavern?
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

(Rictiovarus is the Tavern antichrist).

Offline FarseerTelemnar

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 12:33:30 PM »
Our former "Off Topic" board where we shall discuss any and all things. Please make sure you do not start any virtual brawls. Humor, Games, and Light-Hearted discussions should be kept here.

These are the main rules that everyone sees when they see this thread. Everything beyond it is secondary. But thats besides the point. Rict your talking to a stone wall. There will be no more reasoning. The spammers you wish banned were people discussing the problems as to why the inns were locked. Really there was no point for them to be and anyone saying there was is wrong. They were all on topic. But anyways this war has been postphoned until father notice.

Also a space tavern with no tavern shouldn't be called a space tavern. We need to rename this place I think.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 12:37:09 PM by FarseerTelemnar »
New RPG Click Here

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Small, Green & Spammish: Now with Extra Alcololz
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's the damn festive cheer?
    • Original Writings
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 12:38:04 PM »
I would like to point out now I did make an attempt to stop it but that went nowhere so what else was there to do? May as well have fun whilst it's still open. And I would like to point out to all those people mentioning my name and no one elses Fox was one of the main reasons here. He is one of the main spammers in this and I'm not saying I'm innocent but I don't think I was quite as bad as him.

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline FarseerTelemnar

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 12:44:21 PM »
Yoda are you attempting to defend yourself? The 666 posting spamming green ball? The most annoying person to the APC. Follower of the HPC. Come on now. Your no better then anyone else here. The fact that you attempt to blame fox on this is low. No one is to blame. None of us cared about the talking last night. Only one did and it was never his war to began with. It is are war and I believe it shouldn’t stop but saying that makes me seem annoying and mod people will fight me.
New RPG Click Here

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Small, Green & Spammish: Now with Extra Alcololz
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's the damn festive cheer?
    • Original Writings
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005, 01:00:27 PM »
I'm not blaming him, merely pointing out that I seem to be the only mentioned name here and that I find annoying. I know I am one of the many but that means it's not just me and would people not always use my name when complaining >:(

I don't think the war should be cancelled simply because of a conversation. I go with Telemnar on that, but what Makenshi says goes round here. And the taking the piss with that thread really was going too far and I didn't actually post there.

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline FarseerTelemnar

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 01:05:12 PM »
Well at least we understand each other here. But theres nothing we can do besides look like children and complain about it. If there was a way I'd attempt to do something but not alone.
New RPG Click Here