News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WH40k Dark Tide goes closed beta  (Read 606 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
WH40k Dark Tide goes closed beta
« on: October 14, 2022, 11:22:33 PM »
\

Search for the game on steam and there is an option to request access.  It took a day for me to get access.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: WH40k Dark Tide goes closed beta
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 02:20:47 AM »
Thanks for the tip! I've just requested access. This game wasn't on my radar but it looks very good.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 03:12:13 PM »
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 03:30:39 PM »
Well, they're not all Herschel Walker.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 05:46:49 PM »
I initially started with a marksman, but then did up an Ogryn.  Oh my god is the beefy boy fun.  The banter they get in going in this game is fantastic!

"I get so much joy out of watching you do your thing, Ogryn."
"Well den keep watchin' an' ya might learn sumfing!"
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 06:10:46 PM »
I made a priest character and then a veteran guardsmen. After about two or three mission with the Sharpshooter - I've determined that the Priest class is one of my favorites at the moment.

I like the heavier emphasis on melee for them and the abilities they get around it. I also love that for some reason - priests are literally unable to aim lol. Try to aim down the barrel and they will hold it sideways.

Went through all the levels so far and I like the increasing difficulty when running another mission in an area you've already completed.

Really want the thunder hammer or chainaxe and a flame thrower, but that will probably something not available in the beta.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2022, 05:39:34 PM »
I made a priest character and then a veteran guardsmen. After about two or three mission with the Sharpshooter - I've determined that the Priest class is one of my favorites at the moment.

I like the heavier emphasis on melee for them and the abilities they get around it. I also love that for some reason - priests are literally unable to aim lol. Try to aim down the barrel and they will hold it sideways.

Went through all the levels so far and I like the increasing difficulty when running another mission in an area you've already completed.

Really want the thunder hammer or chainaxe and a flame thrower, but that will probably something not available in the beta.
The Sharpshooter gets better once you get to the level that you unlock your first set of feats.  Being able to regen toughness when more than 8m away from enemy means you can really lean into his ranged power.  Pulling out the shovel of doom is nice for when you need to clear hordes in a jiffy
I knew I had fans!!!