News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I'm back what did I miss ?  (Read 643 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
I'm back what did I miss ?
« on: March 28, 2022, 09:35:16 AM »
Heyo everyone o/ 

It's been a while, here is your friendly french tornado back in action and sadly for his bank account very much back knee deep into this absurdly expensive HOBBY! BUT hopefully it will be as fun as it's always been. 

I think I've been away from the forum for what ... 3/4 years? How have you all been doing? Are there some stuff I need to know that happened that where of strong significance while I was gone?

Who is left? Who left? How are you guy coping with the global pandemic, how are your family doing?  ETC, anything that sound intresting to say let me know :)

So I'm back, what does that mean ? Well, not much for now, I will mostly be lurking in some dark corner of the forum until I start to get the codex I need. Then I will start to get the ball rolling again with playing the game :) For those that knew me I have expended my collection with now TAU and Necrons army. But Aeldary still are very dear to my heart.

Hopefully we can get along like old times :)

Pleased to be back, I hope this is going to be fun time yet again ;)

See you among these pages soon :D
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: I'm back what did I miss ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 03:07:12 PM »
Hi Grizzlykin!

Welcome back, I also returned to the forum a few years ago, around 2018, and been having a great time since then :). Look forward to seeing your T'au and Aeldari, I'm building a Saim-Hann Craftworld at the moment, and will likely expand into one of the T'au Septs too.

Forums maybe quieter than when you were last here, but there's still members keeping the ancient tales of the Aeldari alive  :).

JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 07:24:30 PM »
Welcome back :).  I hope that you will be diving back into the Eldar at some point.  More Eldar players are needed here than ever before.

In terms of what has happened here, you have not missed any notable departures or major changes since you were last here.  A few things were shuffled around here and there, some boards were archived, and the forum is more streamlined, but that is about it.  They also gave someone the red stars for reasons that only Ahriman has the knowledge to explain :D.

As for the pandemic, there are a few topics on that around that you're welcome to read.  In a nutshell though, the last two years were a write off for me personally and I basically didn't leave the house.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 09:11:28 AM »
Welcome back to the site.

Things have been pretty quiet here, but there has been lots of hobby. I've been playing 40k still, and getting back into competitive gaming now that the lockdown orders have been receding.

I've been enjoying the new Aeldari codex for my Harlequins, and a buddy in my club has been really enjoying how his craftworlds play (very strong book).

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 06:17:27 PM »
Hi Grizzlykin!

Welcome back, I also returned to the forum a few years ago, around 2018, and been having a great time since then :). Look forward to seeing your T'au and Aeldari, I'm building a Saim-Hann Craftworld at the moment, and will likely expand into one of the T'au Septs too.

Forums maybe quieter than when you were last here, but there's still members keeping the ancient tales of the Aeldari alive  :).

Thanks, Good to have you back :D (though I'm pretty sure, I was still kinda around when you came back :P) Looking forward to those Saim-hann guy's then ^^
Don't you worry about the quiet, if I'm back to my old antics, it's not going to be quiet for long XD.

Enjoy the calm while it last moahahahahahhahah

Welcome back to the site.

Things have been pretty quiet here, but there has been lots of hobby. I've been playing 40k still, and getting back into competitive gaming now that the lockdown orders have been receding.

I've been enjoying the new Aeldari codex for my Harlequins, and a buddy in my club has been really enjoying how his craftworlds play (very strong book).

Thanks ;) Yeah I saw that eldars are disgusting in the new codex it's not even funny. Not gonna lie Tau seems just as strong too. If anything I'm kinda pissed that I bought 2 riptide before I stopped playing for a while and now there are nowhere near as good xD. Oh well beslubber it, I'm not playing competitive myself :P

Welcome back :).  I hope that you will be diving back into the Eldar at some point.  More Eldar players are needed here than ever before.

No worried I'm still an eldar player and now that the Falcon, my only finished painted tank, is playable, and actually pretty descent, you can bet your ass of I'm going to play it :D My first V9 game was eldar so no worries, the pointy ears are still dear to me. But battle suit just sing in my heart :P

In terms of what has happened here, you have not missed any notable departures or major changes since you were last here.  A few things were shuffled around here and there, some boards were archived, and the forum is more streamlined, but that is about it.  They also gave someone the red stars for reasons that only Ahriman has the knowledge to explain :D.

Okay nice for the forum bit! That said, Streamlined forum? and the spell check STILL tries to correct Eldars to Elders ??? Come on mate ! :P
The only note worthy one I've seen no post of is Cavalier. Does any of you know how he is doing and what happened to him?

As for the pandemic, there are a few topics on that around that you're welcome to read.  In a nutshell though, the last two years were a write off for me personally and I basically didn't leave the house.

I thanksfully had my job to drown in but yeah the last 2 years have been tough not gonna lie.

Well guy's as soon as I have those eldar and tau codexes expect me to start throwing ideas and list around :D It's going to be fun :)

o/ Onwards then ! Gosh darn I'm gonna have to move my ass to get some paint on these models, I've been running away from painting too much.

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 05:44:45 AM »
Okay nice for the forum bit! That said, Streamlined forum? and the spell check STILL tries to correct Eldars to Elders ??? Come on mate ! :P

The spell check is a default system and not forum specific, so it will correct a lot more than Eldar :P.

The only note worthy one I've seen no post of is Cavalier. Does any of you know how he is doing and what happened to him?

He works for GW these days.  He occasionally drops in to say hello.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2022, 08:28:57 AM »
He works for GW these days.  He occasionally drops in to say hello.

Excuse me whaaaaaaaaaaaat? God damn he do be cruising indeed! Well way to go my man.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2022, 04:21:30 PM »
Speaking of GW, I'm not sure if you caught the blossoming of a more active social media presence from them, combined with the increase in fan projects as well as a plethora of licensed material (some of which are even good), which has in recent time seen a bit a backtracking from GW's legal.

I dunno, interesting times.