News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Counts-as Exodites List for Review  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Aluinn

Counts-as Exodites List for Review
« on: May 9, 2010, 12:45:14 AM »
First off, I'm sorry for posting the same message twice: I put this up on the CWE tactics forum and was told to move it, for what that's worth, but I couldn't delete the old one. Anyway, maybe a mod can fix this for me.

I've been wanting to do a wacky, unique-looking army for a while that wouldn't resemble anything I've seen on a battlefield before, and between knightly Marines and Exodites, well, I chose Exodites. Being a bit of a hippy myself (hey, I'm from Oregon ) I love their feel and concept. I wanted to emphasize the very primitive Wood Elfish side of them rather than making them tech-savvy Eldar who just happen to tame dinosaurs and ride them. I know this may clash a bit with some people's view of the fluff, but well, I did for aesthetic reasons.

Anyway, the beginning list I came up with is:

HQ

Autarch (Adept of Kurnous)
Mandiblasters
Power weapon

Farseer (Adept of Isha)
Spirit stones
Guide
Doom

Elites

10 Striking Scorpions (Dryads)
Exarch
Biting blade
Shadowstrike
Stalker

Troops

8 Pathfinders (Wardens)

8 Pathfinders (Wardens)

Heavy Support

Wraithlord (Treant)
2 flamers
Wraithsword

Wraithlord (Treant)
2 flamers
Wraithsword

Some of this bears some explanation in fluff terms. First, I figure that the Exodite Seers have the power to awaken the World Spirit and enable it to defend itself, in this case by animating trees. Second, some of the weapons need special clarification. In the case of Scorpion pistols, I'm going to say they have some sort of thorn or entangling vine attack. In the case of the "Wraithlords", the swords can be represented adequately by them swinging away with both arms IMO, and since I'll be using the plastic LotR Ents for them, the flamer attacks may be explained as chucking rocks (which some of the models are holding) or just stomping down forcefully to shake the earth in front of them.

But anyway, the main point of this post is to ask if you think the list will work well, etc. Thanks in advance for any tips you may have.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Counts-as Exodites List for Review
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 2010, 12:55:48 AM »
Crossposting is not ok, it is in violation of the rules of the forum, and whoever told you to was not doing you a favor.
As this is a Craftworlder armylist then it is best left in Eldar Tactics. If you wan help with the fluff that's one thing, but critique on the armylist is something else entirely.

*Click!*

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.