News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Weaver Works: Banners, Avatars And More (Pic Heavy)  (Read 3995 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Weaver Works: Banners, Avatars And More (Pic Heavy)
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:38:19 PM »
EDIT - The List

Once more I'm starting up my graphics workshop, now that I have finished my first year of University, however this time I thought I'd give it another name :P.

Just remember I am not asking for anything in return for these, so please don't constantly bug me about something (feel free to remind me if it's been a while though). Also, I won't be doing much work until I move into my house for next year and sort out the broadband.

Anyway, here are some examples of the kind of stuff I have done accompanied by what I need from you in your post (I make these threads so I only have one place to look, please don't PM me requests unless it is a surprise or actually needs to be private) to do something similar:

Banners

Default Size (468[W]x60[H])

For banners like these I need any pictures you want included (for background or something else), as well as any themes (e.g. bloody), colours (e.g. greyscale or red/black scale) and text you want in it.

Other Sized Banners

I need the same as above, plus whatever size it is you want it to be.

For avatars like these I need any pictures you want included (for background or something else), as well as any themes (e.g. bloody), colours (e.g. greyscale or red/black scale), text you want in it and what size you want it.

For images like these I need any pictures you want included (for background or something else), as well as any themes (e.g. bloody), colours (e.g. greyscale or red/black scale), text you want in it and what size you want it. Due to how big these tend to be, you will generally need to give me quite a lot of detail in what it is you want.

GIFs

Generally speaking I am unlikely to do something like this, it is very annoying and time-consuming for me, as the second one alone is actually about 8 banners that go back and forth. However I may do others if I am inspired, just make sure to be patient.

For things like this I will tend to need a lot of detail and/or sources, also don't expect it to be done quickly :P.

* - These are personal symbols of mine made for my WIP novels and, while I don't really want people lifting banners and stuff from me, I will not be happy if people use these in any way without my permission.

~MTWC
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 05:22:03 PM by - Makenshi - »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
Re: Weaver Works: Banners, Avatars And More (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2007, 12:40:54 PM »
These look great (as usual i might add) :)

I will try to find some fitting background for a wood elve Banner, and kick one of my two out.

Would this be enough for background:

I would prefer Green/Dark Green colours.

As Text: The Wrath of Athel Loren

Please use a fitting organic writing

It should have the size of whatever still fits into my signature minus the warpspider banner  :P, but not bigger than the Craftworld banner. I hope you have an idea about how big signatures can be, for i have not  :P

Tell me if you need anything more, and thanks in advance  :)
« Last Edit: June 2, 2007, 12:59:49 PM by Lonewolf »

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2007, 12:53:28 PM »
Hmm, I've done some Wood Elf ones before, though they were made as advertisements for sites:

Very green :P.

~MTWC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2007, 01:00:55 PM »
I like them, especially the second, although i favour the colours of the first  :)

I have editet my first post  ;D

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2007, 01:06:16 PM »
Well, if by background you mean 'stretching across the whole banner' then no, but it's fine as a background picture itself, though only a small segemnt will likely end up being used.

Max size is 150 total height unless it has changed in my abscence, so size shouldn't be a problem, although funnily enough, I made that 'follow the path' banner as well :P.

You've been added to (and started) the list.

~MTWC
« Last Edit: June 2, 2007, 01:07:49 PM by - Weaver - »

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »
Thank you  :)

Offline Sox'li

• Laughing in the face of Danger
« Reply #6 on: June 3, 2007, 02:09:17 AM »
Hey Mak, good to see you back in action. I have two pictures that I'd like to put in my banner, this as a background, and this as the main image. The background image is the color scheme I want. For text,in light blue I'd like "Speed is the essence of war".

Thanks in advance.
I am a monument to all your sins.

"Discovery is always a rape of the natural world. Always."
-Jurassic Park

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #7 on: June 3, 2007, 07:58:30 AM »
Ok, so you black a black and prurple theme right?

I may have to stretch the background a bit (it's only 420 pixels wide), however it shouldn't be a big stretch.

Added to the list.

~MTWC

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: June 3, 2007, 08:12:49 AM »
Well, since the workshop's up and running again, I'd like a banner to go with my avatar. I'm giving you pretty much free reign on this, with any of five pics you could use, or even one of them spiffy animated affairs, if you have the time or inclination.

Unfortunately, the best pics were all quite small, I hope you can still work with them.

Size would preferably be the same as the Elfen Lied one in your first post, as for text, it isn't necessary, but if you could at least fit 'The Laughing Man' in, it would be good.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2007, 08:29:24 AM by Khemri, the Laughing Man »

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #9 on: June 3, 2007, 08:30:07 AM »
4 is probably the only one I could use, the others are too small and too detailed (stretching or cutting it would look shoddy basically).

Added to the list.

~MTWC

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: June 3, 2007, 08:38:54 AM »
Righto, thanks, 4's probably the best of the lot anyway.

Although, if you know any better Ghost in the Shell pictures, you're welcome to use them instead.

Edit: Considering the fact that I just re-jigged my profile (something I'm sure you understand, Makenshi), the text would probably fit better as 'the Major', instead of 'the Laughing Man'.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2007, 08:53:28 AM by Khemri, the Major »

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 07:59:31 PM »
Lonewolf:

Man in the Box:

Khemri:

Does it have to be one of those or will any 'Ghost in a Shell' picture do? I can do it with one of those, however none particularly strike me at the moment...

Everyone:

Remember to save it on your computer, as I may delete it from my photobucket account and/or computer, and I doubt you want to loose them as many did when 40kO went down, taking the 40kO banners I made with it (since I had deleted them a long time ago :P).

Sorry for the delay, been too busy getting very drunk and such, since many of my friends are leaving Uni to go back home now.

~MTWC

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 09:15:14 PM »
Khemri:

Does it have to be one of those or will any 'Ghost in a Shell' picture do? I can do it with one of those, however none particularly strike me at the moment...

Although, if you know any better Ghost in the Shell pictures, you're welcome to use them instead.

;)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 09:52:29 PM »
Bah! I blame the alcohol.

EDIT - Khemri:

I may go back and do some kind of .gif of it (cycling through the three images as focus' most likely) but don't wait with bated breath, wouldn't want your death on my conscience :P.

~MTWC
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 10:12:55 PM by - Weaver - »

Offline Kitsune Tsuki

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 11:45:17 PM »
Are you sober yet?  I got a job for you.  Make a banner from this image.

Have text read "Sul will be reclaim", using a 'religious' text (I know that doesn't make sense).  The banner should be stylized with flames or a scorched effect. I'd like the image to be noticable, rather then be in the background.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 10:33:58 AM »
Akriel:

~MTWC

Offline Kitsune Tsuki

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 10:46:22 AM »
Excellent.  Thank you very much.

Offline SyNide

• Dracon
  • Back in business
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 03:00:21 PM »
Hi, you're making excellent stuff here!

Btw, i really liked your first banner, really cool  :D

Anyway,
Could you make a matching banner and avatar for me?

First the general stuff for both.

Use this picture Particularly from the top of the eye(note not the dragon thing, but the visor itself) down to the very bottom of the helmet and...

This symbol, this should be placed subtly in a position of prominence in both pictures, use your own judgement and inspiration as to how best to achieve this.

I could be wrong, but i think that you might be better inspired if you knew what it meant. That is the japanese kanji Nin, symbolizing the ninja. The character is made up of two characters, the top being  Sword, and the bottom being Heart. To be ninja is to endure with the sword ever above your heart. It is to endure all manner of trials that one will encounter through life. It also symbolizes the execution of either your target, or your ego. The symbol has a lot of meaning in my life, hence my constant use of it in my avatar and sig. I hope that helped(if it didn't, sorry for the long winded stuff)

If it's not too much trouble, could you colour it blue(about the same shade as my current sig would be pretty good) and black. The feel, should be windy(not sure how you artists would do it, i'm not an artist  :-[), denoting speed and yet silence at the same time. If you know of a way to make it have a more foreboding feel then that would be great.

Now onto specifics.

The Avatar shouldn't be too big, probably 100x100? Slightly bigger would be fine though. As for the picture, focus on the part of the helmet that i mentioned above(eyes down) and perhaps the Nin could be in the eye or somewhere else, but remains in subtle prominence.

The banner size should be the default 468[W]x60[H]. Words written can be written in white/black/blue(the shade which you use for the rest of the banner). The words are "In Secrecy is Strength" and if you can fit "SyNide Shikaze" somewhere in there(probably with smaller font, maybe you could put it in tiny white letters along the inner border?) that would be a bonus. The Nin should remain in subtle prominence.

If you have any better ideas for the feel of the banner/avatar then i trust your judgement, however i would really like the colour scheme to stay.

I understand that this is quite a large request, and probably very difficult, but i am willing to be patient.  :)

Thank You for bearing with my request  :D

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 04:13:55 PM »
That looks really cool, thank you mak  :)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 04:48:27 PM »
SyNide:

Not at all, I actually prefer detailed intructions such as those you gave me, they make it easier for me to know what people want :P.

Anyway, I've done them and while I personally like them I am unsure if I quite got the 'windy' effect you wanted (the lines in the av, the type and slant of the text in the banner, and the [less noticable] lines in the banner are my attempts at doing so). Since you wanted black I chose one of the lighter shades of blue in your current sig to make a better contrast.

I haven't given either borders because of the aforementioned 'lines' present to a different extent in each one, however adding them in won't be a problem if you want them there (it would be like all of my borders: a pixel of black, 3 pixels of a wet edged [see through] colour [probably the blue in this case] and then another pixel of black).

~MTWC
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 04:50:55 PM by - Makenshi - »