News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Zounds! They have arquebuses of light!  (Read 3128 times)

Offline Corporal McChirpy McTerrerfex IV

• HOO-RAA!
Zounds! They have arquebuses of light!
« on: May 12, 2010, 05:12:58 PM »
I'm thinking of making rules for a 40k/fantasy crossover. ;D

Let's say...half a dozen IG vets (catachan devils) who end up in the Old World for some reason or other...

Here's their stats:

M WS BS S T W I A LD
6   4   5  3 3 1 3 2 8+

I've given them high WS and BS because it matches other elite human troops in Fantasy.

Now for the not so humble lasgun! ;):

Range:36'' Strength:6 Number of shots: 1+BS of shooter.

Special Rules:

Armour Peircing: Lasguns are -4 to armour saves.

Accurate: Lasguns are not affected by to hit modifers for range.

Assaualt Weapon: A model with a lasgun may always make stand and shoot.  In addition, the weapon can be fired in close combat in addition to the models normal attacks.  It is fired as normal, and counts as In. 10. in close combat.

Terrifying:  A model armed with a lasgun causes fear.

This is just the start.  I've still to make rules for poisioned knives, grenades, and heavier guns! ;)
We're cool like a root cellar, even if no one replies to this thread, so long as you follow the rules.  -Mr.Peanut

I didn't listen, and now I have a bucket on my head.  Very sad little yellow face.

Offline Granite Slam

• Fio'el Tautica - I See Stupid People...So Many Stupid People...
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Coolest. Dude. Ever.
Re: Zounds! They have arquebuses of light!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:35:32 PM »
   Care to explain your reasoning behind the inclusion of "terrifying"? Having a flashy-light gun in a setting that routinely utilises magical bolts of fire seems somewhat spurious justification on its own.

There is also the issue surrounding the separation of the two gaming systems. At one point the warhammer world was supposed to have been an isolated, feudalistic planet protected from the rest of the universe so a cross over had some merit. Most recent statements have them existing independently of each other and simply having some shared characteristics in some tightly confined situations.
I reserve the right to end any discussion with a big stick.

Quote from: Rummy
Dark Eldar - better than everyone be-atch! The only reason the Dark Eldar haven't toppled the Imperium is that Terra doesn't have valet parking.

Offline Only Slightly Crazy

• Those Damm commies! Impurifing our bodily fluids!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 07:22:35 PM »
I like this idea. I had a chat with a Red shirt at my local GW, and we were talking about pretty much the same thing. We had decided a Space Marine was a walking steam tank, and bolt pistols would be more akin to the Fully automatic RPG guns they are in fluff.

As is, I'd remove terror and tone the lasguns down a bit.
DISCLAMER! Any thing offensive can be considered a joke in bad taste. Thank you!

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:43:53 PM »
These guys are going to be like 25 points per model minimum, right? They are insanely powerful
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

• HOO-RAA!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 08:05:14 PM »
These guys are going to be like 25 points per model minimum, right? They are insanely powerful

Of course!  The idea is that it should be about 5 to 10 guys against a whole army.

I'll edit the lasgun of course.  Now, what about the meltagun? ;D:

Range: 18'' Strength:10 Number of shots: 1 (special)

Special Rules:

Armour Peircing: No saves allowed against the meltagun.

Accurate: Meltaguns are not effected by to hit modifers for range.

Intense Heat: Meltaguns count as flame attacks.  Each wound inflicted multiplies into d6 wounds.

Beam: Meltaguns follow the rules for bolt throwers when shot at ranked units.

That's gotta be worth +75pts right? ;)
We're cool like a root cellar, even if no one replies to this thread, so long as you follow the rules.  -Mr.Peanut

I didn't listen, and now I have a bucket on my head.  Very sad little yellow face.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 08:54:40 PM »
Armour Peircing: No saves allowed against the meltagun.

No armour saves, surely, unless you mean to suggest that it can punch through magical barriers as well?

Offline Only Slightly Crazy

• Those Damm commies! Impurifing our bodily fluids!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 09:23:05 PM »
*coughcoughruleofcoolcoughcough*  8)
Yeah, you probably should change it to Armour saves only.
DISCLAMER! Any thing offensive can be considered a joke in bad taste. Thank you!

• HOO-RAA!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 03:00:20 PM »
Oops. :P  Better fix my amphetamine parrot:

Lasgun:

Range:36'' Strength:4 Number of Shots:3 + BS of shooter.

Special Rules:

Accurate: Lasguns are not affected by to hit modifers for range.

Armour Peircing: Lasguns are -3 to armour saves

Assault Weapon: A model with a lasgun may always make stand and shoot attacks.  In addition, the weapon may be fired in close combat in addition to the models normal attacks.  These attacks are made at double the users Inititive.

Frag Grenades:

Range: Strength of User Strength:4 Number of Shots: 1

Special Rules:

Lobbed: To throw a grenade, first determine it's range, then mark out the spot where you want to throw it within that range, then place the small blast template over it.  Roll the scatter dice and the artillery dice.  If a hit is scored on the scatter dice, it stays put.  If not, the grenade scatters half the distance shown on the artillery dice.  If a misfire result is shown, consult the table below.  Once the position of the template is determined, all models under it are effected.

Armour Peircing: Frag Greanades are -3 to armour saves.  Wounds caused by frags are multiplied into d3 wounds.

Misfire: 1: Blast template centre hole is placed over user. 2-3: Grenade explodes harmlessly in the air. 4-5: Grenade fails to detonate. 6: Greanade does not detonate this turn, but at the start of the next turn.

Chainsword:

Special Rules:

Motorized: Chainsword is strength of user + 3.  Wounds caused by the chainsword are multiplied into d3.

Terrifying: Models armed with a chainsword cause fear.

Do these seem alright?  A lasgun might not be scary, but i think a chainsword would! ;)