News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: beil-tan 400point 40k in 40min list against withhunters  (Read 204 times)

Offline BladeWind

• Infinity Circuit, Iconic Wizard
  • ~BW~
beil-tan 400point 40k in 40min list against withhunters
« on: October 7, 2004, 03:39:32 PM »
ok this is my army list against witchhunters. and i know that my opponent would have Arco - Flaggelants (sounds very good at close combat) aswell as 20 bolters at for everything else, i don't know.

okay me army is as follows:

3 dark reapers

3 dark reapers

5 striking scorpion+exarch- exarch has claw and crushing blow and infilltrate

okay my tactic for this is to shoot with reapers as it will immediatly be in range.
and for the scorps to use infiltrate to get into combat quick. but if the scorps get in to combat with the Arco - Flaggelants i'm sure that the scorps would lose..but i'm not sure.

or

i can reduce the number of scorps and take away infiltrate and make them stay back incase the enemy gets to close to the reapers. so with less scorps i may be able to have at least 4 reapers giving 16 shots using both units!!

but i need opinions as to which is better
« Last Edit: October 7, 2004, 03:41:39 PM by J_A_S_O_N »

Offline iyanden496

• Focusing on the past will only destroy our future
Re: beil-tan 400point 40k in 40min list against withhunters
« Reply #1 on: October 7, 2004, 05:09:09 PM »
though ur list can definetly dish out the pain a few shots into ur reapers could make u hurt bad. but overall i think ur list should work juat make sure ur reapers stay safe :)
"Never apologize for asking questions, young seer. Through asking questions we find answer, and through those answers we gain greater knowlage of ourselves and the universe around us" Farseer Marauth to warlock Karhaedron

Offline BladeWind

• Infinity Circuit, Iconic Wizard
  • ~BW~
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2004, 04:22:32 PM »
well just did some calculating and it appears that i can take only 1 scorpion away and replace it with a reaper...and i have decided to eliminate the Arco - Flaggelants first as they are the biggest threat to my army with reaper fire and have the scorps in heavy cover ready to assult to protect reapers from any assults..

after the battle has finished i'll write up a summary of the battle so if anyone has a battle coming up angainst witch-hunters you'll know that this army list would work, or that the list need drastic changing.

but has anyone got anyother tactics i should use?

Offline Draza

• Ancient
« Reply #3 on: October 9, 2004, 04:20:11 AM »
This list is heavily tailored, and from what you've told me, you should beat them in one or two turns

*You need a priest, who is crap and at least 40+ to use arco-flagellants
*He must be attached to a squad. If he's attached to a bolter squad, they will not be able to shoot 24" inches
*Reapers will massacre sisters too easily for it to be a fun game
*Reapers should be able to do damage to arco-flagellants, but they're a lot harder to kill than marines, and half your shots will only wound, and only half of those will kill the models

but if the scorps get in to combat with the Arco - Flaggelants i'm sure that the scorps would lose..but i'm not sure.
You'll have a hard time beating them. You might kill one, he might kill 3 or 4 and your exarch should kill 1 or 2

i can reduce the number of scorps and take away infiltrate and make them stay back incase the enemy gets to close to the reapers. so with less scorps i may be able to have at least 4 reapers giving 16 shots using both units!!
Not sure of this, but I think stealth has been replaced by the BGB, which means they can't infiltrate
EDIT: The FAQ doesn't mention the change, like tank hunter and skilled rider. Your scorpions should still be able to infiltrate

You should do well. Good to hear summary. Just remember, arco-flagellants can be fast when they want to

« Last Edit: October 9, 2004, 08:22:45 AM by Draza »