News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: tactics against space wolves???  (Read 1429 times)

Offline The Outsider

• I used to be The Flayed One
tactics against space wolves???
« on: May 8, 2002, 01:43:39 PM »
Hey people, I collect Ulthwe and I know this guy who collects space wolves.  I was wondering if any of you had any tactics I could use against him. I have never played him, so I don't know what he is like. I do know that he has a leeman russ and a landraider though.

Offline JiMInY

• What big teeth I have
Re: tactics against space wolves???
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2002, 02:51:36 PM »
get em' from afar with starcannons, i play ulthwe and sw so beleive me, p.s do not just assume coz uve got warlocks and some farseers in a counsil it doesnt mean that u can take a wolf lord with 5 wolf guard in termie armour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
consume the magical plant

Offline spacepiper

• Soul Rebel
  • One Love; Bob Marley
    • EldarOnline
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2002, 09:27:53 PM »
Space Wolves are quite powerful, but you ought to be able to take them out. First off, if he has a giant HQ unit with a Wolf Lord or other large dude along withg Wolf Guard termies, swamp it with a big unit of 22 Gaurdians, and it will take him atleast 3 turns to chew through it. Thats only about 250 points from your side that will tangle up about 500 points on his side. Some good for you.

Take out the Rhinos on first turn, which means Vypers with Brightlances and Wave Serpents with Twin-Linked Brightlances, and those filled with Banshees. That will bring some serious hurt down on him, trust me.
“The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself: but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you into eternity.” –Marcus Garvey

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #3 on: May 8, 2002, 09:58:54 PM »
throwing guardians at the wolfies wont do a thing!
and its increadibly unfluffy to toss their lives away like so
a nice squad of banshees would help
mindwars will also be useful for targetting characters or powerfist wielders
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2002, 08:10:06 AM »
I too get slaughtered by the space wolves fairly regularly.  I have two friends that play wolves and not only are they hard to beat but they are good generals too.  Some special things to look out for is his wolf lord with power sword will slice up any unit he gets into.  I lost my chief and 5 wild riders in one turn to a wolf lord.  Next the devastator squads known as long fangs can split fire, so try to take out the sergeant and they lose that trick.  I cant give you any winning tactics as I am still about 1 in 3 against wolves.  Have fun.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak