News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: winning with no vehicles=pin em kill em  (Read 998 times)

Offline samswiggaog

• The rise of Ulthwe, the return of the Harlequin.
winning with no vehicles=pin em kill em
« on: August 29, 2003, 12:02:09 PM »
My ulthwe army is notorious for the use of barrage weapons like d-cannons and shadow weavers, rangers and black guardians with missle launchers to pin enemy troops, enhanced storm squads , fire dragon and the seer council then shed blood as the dire avenger defend my support weapon posistions and ranger strongholds, also common to my army are harlequins as elites(gav thorpe is a hero for that new codex!)  soon there will be a jetbike riding farseer *guiding* a fire prism into battle.  -my first post here on eol!!!!!!
I can beat anybody!!!!!!!

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: winning with no vehicles=pin em kill em
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 12:28:55 PM »
First off, you can not have a Farseer on a jetbike in an Ulthwe army.  Also, all Farseers must be members of the Seer Council.  Remember that the Harlequin codex is experimental and requires your opponents consent to use those units.

It sounds like a pretty good army.  You might have some difficulty with fast, mechanized armies, but setting up good firing lanes will minimize their advantage... deployment is critical.  You also have a lot of short range weapons, so barrage heavy armies might cause problems for you as well.  You might want to work in some Vypers and/or a Falcon to take out enemy ordnance hiding at the table edge.

All in all, it does sound like a solid army with a good strategy.
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline samswiggaog

• The rise of Ulthwe, the return of the Harlequin.
Re: winning with no vehicles=pin em kill em
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 04:27:53 PM »
people I play don't mind me using the code, but I didn't think about the farseer on the bike too hard I really like the vypers and falcon idea, wouldn't mind  havin your advice from time tah time, I am just getting into my game real good and been quite a winner so far.
I can beat anybody!!!!!!!