News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Thoughts on my 1750 list?  (Read 633 times)

Offline -Φ Ulfhedinn Φ- Servant of the Lord of Dark Delights

• Juggernaught of Fornication
Thoughts on my 1750 list?
« on: January 7, 2009, 07:34:05 AM »
Hey lads ~

Trying to come up firstly with a 1750 list that i can use that will actually make use of my seer council I'm converting up on bikes !

Here goes:

HQ:

Autarch - Jetbike, Laser Lance, Mandiblasters, Fusion Pistol - 140

Farseer - Jetbike, RoWard, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune - 175

6 Warlocks - Jetbike, Embolden, Enhance, 3x Destructor - 320

Troops:

10 Wraithguard - Warlock Spiritseer w/ Conceal - 396

10 Storm Guardians - 2x Flamers and Warlock w/ Destructor - 127
Wave Serpent - TL Shuricans, Spirit Stones - 110

7 Pathfinders - 168

Heavy Support:

Wraithlord - EML, BL 2x Flamers - 155

Total: 1746

I'm looking for some ideas to flesh these boys out. I really don't feel like dropping any of the warlock retinue but i am also open to some suggestions.

I've have been playing with some tough 1500 and 1750 lists using variants on Starky's ones he posted. I've pretty much ground everything I've come up against into the ground. I'm used to low model counts as i typically go for the hard and resilient Wraithguard as my core - So the low model count isn't such a big deal however i can see where i may have trouble vs horde armies ( i change my lists up if i know who I'm going to fight )

I'm sure people can guess or at least speculate the tactics for this army list so there isn't too much need to post it.

Any help is appreciated  ;D

-Ulfhedinn-
« Last Edit: January 7, 2009, 07:51:23 AM by -Ulfhedinn- »
"The very touch of our god's breath overwhelms mortal senses with the scent of delight... the slightest purr of our god's voice is enough to stimulate the senses into eternal and blissful oblivion. To the followers of Slaanesh the mortal world is grey and insipid compared to the sensual paradise that is the master's affection."

Offline Ragey

• Wow this world has giant tea cups....
Re: Thoughts on my 1750 list?
« Reply #1 on: January 7, 2009, 07:43:36 AM »
personally I would dump one embolden, 1 enhance, the RoWit to try to get enough pts for a 5 man ranger squad.....  :P

Ragey
13k of Eldar, 12k of Dark Angles, 8k of World Eaters, 3k of Bugs, Guard and Grey Knights plus 15k of Dark Elves man i have been in this hobby toooooo long

Offline GoofyCommy

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #2 on: January 7, 2009, 08:53:25 AM »
Ooh, I like this list. ;D   Plus, I have the models so I may try it some day.  Hmm, though, what to make it better.  Something just doesn't seem quite right.  You have ranged and close Anti-tank, the wraithguard can hold the mid-field, the jetbike seers will take on anything and draw lots of fire, pathfinders can go to ground on objectives.  Not sure if the Autarch and storm guardians are needed.  Storm guardians are good for a mobile flamer, but would have to keep up with the HQ squad.

Maybe try this, it has a lower model count, but stronger core and should do well vs hordes because they aren't going to be able to handle your strengths.

HQ:
Farseer - Jetbike, RoWard, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune - 130
   doom is not needed in your army as everything wounds on 2+, except for the pathfinders
8 Warlocks - Jetbike, Embolden, Enhance, 3x Destructor - 420
   A few more in this size game never hurts

Troops:
10 Wraithguard - Warlock Spiritseer w/ Conceal - 396
8 Pathfinders - 192

Heavy Support:
   what's better than 2 wraithlord in 1750? Three of them

Now you have 4 MCs, hard troop choices, a more resilient HQ and an army that will scare your opponent.  If you want more troops, drop 1 warlock and replace the 8 pathfinders with 2 squads of 6 rangers. (1739 total)

Offline -Φ Ulfhedinn Φ- Servant of the Lord of Dark Delights

• Juggernaught of Fornication
« Reply #3 on: January 7, 2009, 07:55:50 PM »
Yeah i usually run 4 MC's.

Being Avvy, 2x WL with BL & EML and a wraithsword WL. I was looking at dropping the Avvy for something a bit different as i wanted to not only make the Seer Council resilient ~ but able to do a hefty amount of damage per charge.

The Autarch with a Laser Lance will account for 6 s6 power weapon attacks in the first round of combat when charging. Having him in there will push the combat resolution in my favour especially against MEQ.

The Storm Guardians are a late game cheap objective scoring unit or have the ability to quickly deal with flanking hordes. The option to have them in  reserves just in case is also a safer option with the Autarchs +1 to reserves.

Nice pick up on the doom was well. I was taking it for the Stormies if they needed to assist the council at any given stage.

I was mainly concerned with having only 2 troops choices for objectives so i actually pulled out a wraithlord and lowered my council from 8 to 6 to get the pathfinders.

Thanks for you suggestions GoofyCommy ~ i will be looking over what you suggested as well and see if i can find a balance between the two hehe.

-Ulfhedinn-
"The very touch of our god's breath overwhelms mortal senses with the scent of delight... the slightest purr of our god's voice is enough to stimulate the senses into eternal and blissful oblivion. To the followers of Slaanesh the mortal world is grey and insipid compared to the sensual paradise that is the master's affection."