News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Need help with new Eldar Army ( 1500, 1750, 3000pts ect )  (Read 835 times)

Offline -Φ Ulfhedinn Φ- Servant of the Lord of Dark Delights

• Juggernaught of Fornication
Need help with new Eldar Army ( 1500, 1750, 3000pts ect )
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:20:29 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm looking to pick up the new Forgeworld Avatar.

I was hoping to build an army centered around the Avatar and use him as much as i can. I love the look of this model compared to the Forgeworld sword variant. Also he will be a joy to paint ! The idea is it can be in any pt army list you find viable.

I believe i have enough models to really tailor my force against any opponent with prior knowledge of who i am fighting against ( read: multiple army list makeups for the models i have ).  I suppose this is for a casual or mildly competitive game ( eg: In store campaign)  where i can really use such a lovely model as it. I love the fluff behind this guy and i am doing my own craftworld makeup so it doesn't need to be uber fluffy.

Below is the list of resources my Craftworld currently has access to:

Avatar of Khaine x1- Current GW available one

Eldrad Ulthran x1

Farseer x3 ( 1 SS, 1 dual WB, 1 Staff *new models* )

Warlock x3 ( 1 SS, 2 WB ) - can possibly use the farseers i dint use to join this squad to be the warlocks with 'powers' - plus they look cool and i hate to double up on lock models.

Autarch ( WSG, Mandiblasters, fusion pistol model )

Autarch on Jetbike -Lance ect...

Fire Dragons x 6  (Exarch)

Harelquin Troupe ( Shadowseer, Death Jester, Troupe Master, 9x harlies ) kisses and 2 fusion pistols + kiss

Dire Avengers x 30 ( 3x Exarch )

Rangers x 5

Guardians x 40 - hopefully making these up to be storm guardians as i think i have enough shooty death from the DA's.

Shining Spear Conversions x 4

Warp Spiders x 5 ( Exarch )

Swooping Hawks x 6 ( Exarch )

Vyper x 1 - might use this to make a conversion or use as is.

Wraithlord x 2

War Walker x1 ( can flesh out to 2-3 )

Falcon x 1

Wave Serpent x 3

Fire Prism x 2

Please note these are the base troops i have acquired. I am in the stages of painting them up - You can review my progress here: http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=173256.0

Fleshing out the squads will be something i will do eventually. ( I believe i wont get any more FD's as they are more then likely going to be Falcon riders)

Any help and assistance you can give would be muchly appreciated  ;D. If you have questions please don't hesitate to ask as it's 4:15am and I'm sure I've left out a lot!

Cheers,

-Ulfhedinn-
"The very touch of our god's breath overwhelms mortal senses with the scent of delight... the slightest purr of our god's voice is enough to stimulate the senses into eternal and blissful oblivion. To the followers of Slaanesh the mortal world is grey and insipid compared to the sensual paradise that is the master's affection."