News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Sleeping Gods I: Return to Encaris V (Game Thread)  (Read 8468 times)

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
Re: Sleeping Gods I: Return to Encaris V (Game Thread)
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 12:10:37 AM »
"Excuse me," Arian said to Ythoelle, "But did you say you were the only survivor of the last mission to Encaris V?"

Arian stepped lightly towards the outcast, "Surely then you were not on the mission with my cousin. He was a rather young one, by the name of Argetlam. Often could be a tad rash ... kinda hard to miss..."

Arian's voice petered off with slight dread at the answer she already knew.
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 07:20:15 AM »
Dythen entered shortly after Uriel, his steps and his heart light with joy and retained surprise. He had been chosen by Asuryan. He, a member of Altansar. He felt as if, for the first time, he could return home, his head held high and proud in the name of his Craftworld. Although many might still consider his people untrustworthy, they were progressing.

"My apologies," he said, bowing. Feeling something was amiss with one of the Eldar, he quietened, to listen before introducing himself. Approaching the group, he stood with enough distance between those speaking to allow them privacy should they needed it.

Content to simply contain his overwhelming gratefulness, he waited.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 02:09:23 AM »
Ythoelle switched her gaze to Arian. The wry humour that had been upon her fled, and for a moment she was lost for words. What could she say of Argetlam? That he was slain by the treachery of mon'keigh, and that, instead of retribution, they had allied themselves with his killers. She had not the heart to tell the tale in full, but she could at least give some closure. 

"Then I fear your cousin fell on that forsaken world, my lady," Ythoelle said. "Though his death came from betrayal and intolerance, and it was not at the hands of our true foes, he died as a warrior should. I hope that gives you some comfort."

Ythoelle slipped the leather cord from her neck and removed one of the soul stones that hung there. Stepped forward, she pressed it into Arian's palm, folding the Aspect Warrior's fingers around the polished gem. Unlike its cracked, empty partner, still around Ythoelle's throat, this one had a warmth to it that had never diminished in the centuries she carried it.

"This was his. I bore it with me, so that he would not pass alone and forgotten," she stepped back. "I think he will rest easier with you."

"As to what we will face on the surface of that place, I cannot say for sure. Two centuries ago, we battled Ynigr, the Necrontyr, when they rose from their slumber. If they still reside there, or some other foul thing has taken their place in that time, I do not know."

"What I do know is that my companions, including Arian's cousin and a Farseer named Landari, all died there," her voice dropped to barely a whisper. "And I fled."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 07:03:22 AM by Khemri. »

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 08:53:41 AM »
Argletam dead? It was not possible....

"No", Arian whispered, "Oh my sister, what shall I tell you?"

Arian turned away from the group and walked to the far wall.

Argletam had fallen, but at least his soul was safe. She opened her hand around the soul gem, and looked down at it. With great effort, she mastered her emotions, pulling on centuries of training to do so. She had lost loved ones before, but always she was prepared for it. This took her completely off guard.

Slowly, Arian walked back to the group.

"Thank you Ythoelle for returning this to me. I will ensure that my sister receives it, and that he is allowed to finally rest. What of Fra... his sword? Did it survive? Do you have her?"
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Killskin

• Wise men wonder while strong men die.
  • Armies: Da Orks
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 11:59:08 PM »
"The worst kind of enemy is an unknown enemy," Hyrulen said. He replaced his helmet on his head and turned towards Ythoelle and Arian, "The past is the past and it cannot be changed," he said, "and we have to focus on the present." Hyrulen turned towards the admiral, "How long until we depart," he asked.
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."
    +++ Count Vlad von Carstein +++

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 08:53:31 AM »
"We ignore the past at our own peril" chided the exarch.

"The past must guide our actions, and give meaning to our future. Without it, we have nothing. Should the my cousin's sword remain, I shall seek it out, for it would be very dangerous in the wrong hands."

Flawless logic.

Offline Killskin

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 10:22:36 AM »
"There is no point focusing on the past and lamenting about events that cannot be changed," he replied, "and the moment you look back and take your eyes off of here and now is the moment you`re dead. I`ve seen it plenty of times." Hyrulen noticed Dythen standing off to the side. "What are you staring at, "Chosen One", he asked.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 10:07:36 PM »
Uriel was having trouble concentrating on the song.  The tension and sorrow in the room threatened to corrupt his tune, and to spoil the gifts.  By necessity, he gently eased them out of the song, ending on a repeated melody which they could easily remember.  He turned his head to the main of the group to address them.

"Would you mind," he said with a twinge of acidity in his voice, "if we continued the conversation in the hangar?  It would do well if your lesser emotions didn't ruin the gift Vaul has kindly given me."

Uriel was embarassed by how much emotion he put into his words.  Usually Salensral would ease his mind, but without his companion he was falling to such lows.  He took a deep breath and centered himself as he awaited the others' reply.  Hopefully they would see the wisdom of his words.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 12:21:46 AM »
"I do apologize, singer, I failed to account for your work," Arian replied. It was not the reply she had wanted to make, but the scorpion had a point that the past should not ruin the future - and the bonesinnger's future was now being impacted.
Flawless logic.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 03:28:48 AM »
Dythen had drifted away. His mind was in another place, until he was pulled back to reality by the gruff words of the scorpion. Looking to him, his vacant eyes held life once more. "My apologies, fair warrior," he said, gesturing politely. "I was...dreaming..."

He was too overjoyed to take note of the scorpion's evident distaste for him. "While we have a moment, may I introduce myself? I am Dythen de Altansar," he bowed respectfully. "I am honoured to be in the presence of such revered champions, and to have been chosen for this task."

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 09:17:25 AM »
"There is no need to apologize, Exarch.  Your emotions were well justified, from what little I heard of the conversation.  I am somewhat out of sorts, having been away from Salensral for so long, and overreacted," said Uriel, knowing that it would do well to smooth over any tensions he may have caused.  "But, if I could see him again, and give him these gifts, I would certainly be more capable of discussing our mission."

After a moment, an annoyed look fell over his face.  "If you will excuse me, these tools are forgetful and obstinate.  If Salensral is to accept them, I must remind them how to sing."  Some days, Uriel longed for the polished skill he used to have, able to sing the songs into wraithbone with ease.  Back then, he could make these divine gifts attune to any user in ten seconds flat.  Now, though, he found it a challenge to convince them to keep the melody of Salensral in them for more than a few minutes.

He was happy as he was now, though.  He knew this bout of melancholia was due to his separation and refused to let it overcome him or spoil his work.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Killskin

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 12:48:26 PM »
Hyrulen crossed his arms and said nothing. This was going to be an interesting mission, especially since the one that had visited the planet before did not have Hyrulen's full trust. She abandoned her last set of companions when she was there last time.

Offline Foalchu

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 06:37:46 AM »
After allowing the group some time to mingle and speak to each other of Encaris V and its past events, the vessel's captain made a small noise to get their attention.

"We are closing in upon your insertion point and will arrive presently.  I have been asked to grant you a stealthed Vampire Raider to facilitate your mission.  She and her pilot await you in the hangar, unless you have any questions about your mission."

The captain seemed to assume they had already been briefed in full before arriving on the bridge, and awaited their replies for a short time, looking over the group as if evaluating their chances for success.

----------------------

In the cold depths of space around the vessel, almost shapes moved, flickering against the starscape, nigh-invisible to any sensors as they stalked through the rubble of the starship graveyard.  The majestic eldar vessel sailed on, unaware of their presence for now, their cold, small forms not allowing the ship's eyes any purchase.

[OOC] This update is a little short just because the captain doesn't know how much/little you guys have been briefed, so feel free to ask any questions you have or head to the hangar if you have none.[/OOC]
"Some call the Eldar decadent.  If that is true, the Imperial Army could do with some of that decadence."
"We warned you of the price of your actions, now you must pay it in full - in blood."
*cringe-worthy teen sig section removed*

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 09:19:56 AM »
Arian looked to the Pathfinder and said, "We shall have to discuss this latter I guess. For now, Thank you for his soul gem."

She walked over to one of the other Eldar attendants in the room and held the soul stone up to them, "Would you be so kind as to hold onto this for me? I would not like to risk his soul yet again after he has seen so much already."

With that she made her way to the Vampire Raider
Flawless logic.

Offline Killskin

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 04:26:07 PM »
Hyrulen figured that the mission would involve collecting the soul stones of the last Eldar that had visited the plant with Ythoelle. Hyrulen turned to the captain, "I have a question," he said, "How many soul stones do we have to recover and where are they?" As soon as he got his answer, Hyrulen would make his way to the hangar.

Offline Foalchu

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 06:27:37 PM »
The captain regarded Arian with an impassive expression as she left, carefully policing his emotionbal projections as well, and then turned to Hyrulen.

"There are now three of the original group unaccounted for.  Nasad'che of Saim-Hann, Farseer Landari, and Akae'hen Cairathiel, descendent to the house of Anumiel.  You are to recover these souls, along with any that the seer carried by him, and any other intelligence or items of interest."

What the captain did not say was as telling as what he had said.  Behind him, the wrecks still floated past the stately procession of the eldar vessel, ominous and foreboding, seeming almost to whisper hints of a similar fate to those that passed beyond them.
"Some call the Eldar decadent.  If that is true, the Imperial Army could do with some of that decadence."
"We warned you of the price of your actions, now you must pay it in full - in blood."

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #36 on: July 1, 2012, 12:53:26 AM »
"I think we are forgetting the most important question," the young ranger said facing the wrecks still in space. "What is it that currently occupies the planet?"

Offline Foalchu

« Reply #37 on: July 2, 2012, 05:39:58 PM »
Turning to Ythoelle, the captain blinked slowly.

"Certainly, as you might tell, the Yngir would seem to have returned and done as they wished.  As well, the stands of fate have whispered to the seers that She Who Thirsts seeks to glean our mission.  Tread softly, maiden of the weeping heart."

He turned to the others who had not yet left, "More than this I can not tell, for I know neither what it is you are to face, nor what you must do in service as the gods' champions.  May they smile upon you and grant you their strength."

With this he turned back to his display and studied it closely, hands clasped in front of him, seeming slightly ill at ease about something his vessel half-sensed.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #38 on: July 4, 2012, 12:37:19 AM »
Dythen listened intently, fighting off his urge to imagine what journey lay ahead of them. 'We are recovering the spirit stones of those since perished,' he thought. 'Truly this is an honor. I will do my best to ensure they return safely to the Infinity Circuit. That the Yngir are involved in this only makes this mission more important.'

He had not faced the Yngir before, but knew of them.

With the others slowly moving on to the hangar, and without any questions of his own, he thought it necessary to follow.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #39 on: July 4, 2012, 11:16:26 AM »
"I have always liked surprises anyways," Morion said as she made her way to the hangar. She had never fought agaisnt the Yngir before, so she was excited. A new adventure always peaked her interest, and this one promised to be one of the most thrilling she had ever been apart of.