News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Codex: Astra Militarium, first impressions  (Read 11087 times)

Offline pudd

Re: Codex: Astra Militarium, first impressions
« Reply #40 on: May 9, 2014, 06:59:41 AM »
He still can't be the warlord though which is the silly problem. The Chain of Command rule says the lord commissar can't be the warlord if there is a model (which could include this model) with the senior officer rule in the primary detachment.

Definitely needs an faq just to stamp on the super serious people who wouldn't let you use him as a warlord.

Offline ranger_scout

• For the Emperor and the Imperium!
« Reply #41 on: May 9, 2014, 07:06:59 AM »
It makes sense fluff wise as a commissar is not there to lead the forces but can when leadership is required.  This works out that in small games he will often lead as he is cheap and can hide in blobs well still maybe getting the voice of command.   

In larger games you are likly to take a comany command squad and seeing as they are the "regimental command squad and officer". They should lead. 

Yea it does suck that LC can't be warlord but I feel they have reason to and agree with it.  It was pretty tough to pick out one I/C from a 50 man unit and now harder with priests and physkers.

Offline LoH

• MODEL ALL THE PAINTS!
    • SIUC Strategic Games Society
  • Armies: IG,SW,SoB,Chaos Cultist,ImpFist 5C,INQ
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2014, 11:30:16 PM »
I'm a bit irritated now that the Hydra didn't pick up Interceptor with the 7e update. Since Skyfire/Interceptor doesn't confer any competence at ground targets...

Some of the arrangement of the Hydra's weapons are a partial holdover from previous editions. Also, while you're down to snapfiring if you move, unless there's flyers/skimmers to be waxin' it doesn't matter anyway. And unlike the LR Exterminator, splitting it into 2 guns gives you some safety from weapon destroyed rolls.
PAINT ALL THE MODELS!