News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: We are getting a new edition.  (Read 7405 times)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: We are getting a new edition.
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »
I am always positive about a new edition.  There is no reason to get discouraged before we see what the rules are actually like.

And if it makes you feel any better Wyddr, I am closer to you than Irisado is :P  All it takes is for you to take a trip across the boarder!

Aren't you in Ontario? I mean, sure that'd be fun, but I'm not going to make too many 10-12 hour car trips. Maybe we could meet halfway, somewhere in Albany?  ;)

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2014, 06:18:39 PM »
Allies matrix has been released/leaked, don't know if I may link to it, but it seems Armies of the imperium is one faction which includes all SM, SW, IG/AM etc.
There are also 8 Xenos listed as their own factions, where only Eldar/DE and CSM/CD are battle brothers.
Tau has moved closer to chaos  and necrons , no more taudar and no more traitor guard.
Nids still screwed by the matrix but anyone may ally with themselves now as battle brothers.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2014, 09:07:26 PM »
Allies matrix has been released/leaked, don't know if I may link to it, but it seems Armies of the imperium is one faction which includes all SM, SW, IG/AM etc.
There are also 8 Xenos listed as their own factions, where only Eldar/DE and CSM/CD are battle brothers.
Tau has moved closer to chaos  and necrons , no more taudar and no more traitor guard.
Nids still screwed by the matrix but anyone may ally with themselves now as battle brothers.

Drat. That's the opposite of what I was hoping for.  I like having certain imperial factions not working as well with each other as others.  I mean, BT and Sisters seem made for each other, but BT and a psyker-heavy IG force?  Tau and eldar being pals made sense to me as they often share goals and are less kill-happy than most factions.  Tyranids could really use some friends, and I was hoping IG/'nids would finally be permissable to represent a 'stealer cult.  Allying with yourself usually just feels cheesy to me.  I was sick of marine/marine lists the first time I saw them, and I don't look forward to variations on the same.

Offline Lazarus

• Infinity Circuit - The Voice of Reason
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Space Wolves & Imperial Guard
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2014, 12:55:35 PM »
I'm liking some of the changes I'm seeing so far....more durable vehicles will be nice.

I think they may have gotten stricter with allies since there is always unbound to get silly with....

"If someone used the ridiculous cover saves rule on me I'd probably punch him in the face. If he's still standing he would be entitled to punch me in the face, take my army, and my woman if he can. This is known as the Conan rule of play, and is not forbidden in the core rules and encourages serious amounts of sportsmanship." - Carniflex

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2014, 01:59:54 PM »
Sorted.

Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2014, 11:38:30 PM »
Having read through a large portion of the book, I think it is fairly safe to say that Eldar with remain as the top tier, followed shortly by Tau. Demons potentially took a gigantic hit by the nerf bat re: FMCs and potentially psychic powers too. On the other hand, a certain unit may actually get to see the table now:

Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2014, 04:01:01 PM »
The book is here, no more need for rumours! :D

I would imagine General 40K would be a good place to go and discuss changes.

-Lor

*locked*