News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: HeroQuest - Quest for the BloodOrb - Quest 1  (Read 20853 times)

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: HeroQuest - Quest for the BloodOrb - Quest 1
« Reply #40 on: May 7, 2013, 05:55:02 PM »
Seeing the short work the wee ones made of three corpses, Althion will move out of the current room, and towards the next door to the right.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 7, 2013, 06:03:57 PM »
Lori Looks over and spies the chest at the end of the room and joins gimli's headlong charge into the new room. "Yonder chest be mine fatty my room my gold" the ever present gold fever threatening to turn a grumpy irritable dwarf into an angry homicidal grumpy irritable dwarf
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #42 on: May 7, 2013, 09:12:54 PM »
Thod steels himself to do justice to this new horror, and charges in, intending to fell the foul creature in blow.

"For the Light!" He screams
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline skoops6

• Armies: those pointy eared dudes with the ninja star guns
« Reply #43 on: May 9, 2013, 02:46:03 AM »
seeing that the zombie was tied up already, Nellin moved into the corridor and opened the door to the next room. "come on boys, enough dawdling"
You mean a gaming and miniatures company has devised a way to encourage you to buy more of their product? The FIENDS!

Offline Stitch

• The Angel's Talon
« Reply #44 on: May 9, 2013, 03:32:22 PM »
Rudolf stands there, staring incredulously at his sword, then at the pile of bones in front of him, then back at his sword. Blinking, he slowly becomes aware of his comrades moving about in the room around him. He notices the now uncovered secret door for the first time as Thod charges through it. Dazed, he follows the halfling's voice in the other direction, and walks out into the corridor behind him. "I've got your back...." he mumbles, feeling a little bit feint.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2013, 11:59:56 AM »

Gimli rushes up to the door, rounds the corner, and stares into the rotting eyes of the zombie. Letting out a whimper of terror he stops mid-stride and stares madly, terrified, and the monster, unable to move.
Ori and Thod crowd at the door, unable to get inside because of the blocking Gimli.

Meanwhile Nellin, Althion and Rudolph moves down the corridor, opening the next door.
Inside is another armed skeleton, and a rotting wandering cadaver, and at the far end an ancient cupboard of some kind. The undead seem to have been unaware of the fight in the next room and simply stare at them as the door opens.

The zombie swipes at Gimli with its rusty cleaver but fails to hit the dwarf.

Gimli fails bravery and stops. As he has locked into the zombie's deathzone noone can pass him in the door and remain stationary.
Zombie misses.

I am stopping the action here as I am not sure if Ori or Thod wants to disengage and move to the other room, nor in what order Nellin, Althion or Rudolph wants to enter the room, or if Nellin is happy blocking the door to shoot an arrow in the next turn.

Next update May 13th

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 12:53:39 PM »
If Nellin moves out of the doorway, and both he and Rudolph choose to engage a monster each, then Althion will move so that he has as clear a shot as possible with his bow for next turn.

If one or the other chooses to move and engage a monster, Althion will engage the unengaged monster. His preference would be to engage the Skelly... zombies are icky.

In any case, he will NOT deliberately put himself directly between the two monsters.

If neither of his companions enters the room, or Nellin chooses to stay put and shoot an arrow, Althion will take one step to the right, so he can see down the wide corridor.

* Alternatively, if Nellin doesn't move, Althion will search for traps before moving to the right, if he's allowed to do that "in combat". *

I forgot about Nellin's stealth option. In this case, Althion will hold his nose with his off-hand, and attack the zombie... unless Rudolph has a strong desire to get rotten bits all over his clothes, in which case Althion will gladly hack into the more hygienic skeleton.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:27:56 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2013, 01:42:15 PM »
Lori prods Gimli in the back with the butt of his Warhammer "Snap out of it ye big Jessie that there gold isnt going to stuff itself in m'pockets."
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'

Offline skoops6

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 07:17:51 PM »
Nellin will move behind the zombie, using his stealth ability and attack it. This will also give Althion a shot at it.
You mean a gaming and miniatures company has devised a way to encourage you to buy more of their product? The FIENDS!

Offline Stitch

• The Angel's Talon
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2013, 05:49:54 AM »
As Nellin stealthily crept into the room, Rudolf poked his head around the door frame and peered into the room beyond....

(If Rudolf is not crapping his pants with fear, he will feel empowered by his previous success and charge the skeleton. Actually, he will probably have his eyes closed as he waves his sword in the general direction of the monster...)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 05:59:44 AM »

Gimli, having conquered his momentary terror at the undead thing before him brings his hammer axe down upon it! However, in his eagerness he oversteps, and the shambling corpse quickly takes advantage to strike him across the back and shoulders with the cleaver! The thick leather armour, however, protects him.
Nellin ducks into the room and somehow sneaks passed the zombie and skeleton, positioning himself behind the zombie and striking from the shadows. He strikes into the rotting flesh, opening a wide gash in the side of the zombie.
Althion, as brave as the halfling, moves up to the skeleton and drives into it with his sword. The sword slices clean through the skull of the skeleton, toppling it on the ground in a heap of useless bones.
Rudolph, moving up to the now wounded undead corpse, closes his eyes, thinks of his home and slashes out! The blow hits true and severs the zombie mid-spine, toppling it over in a cadaverous pile.
The zombie rears up before Gimli, striking at him. The dwarf deftly avoids the blow, and counters with one of his own. He drives the axe home and the zombie falls where it stands.
The lights flicker and then the halls again fall silent.

Gimli succeeds with his bravery but then fumbles. The zombie inflicts no damage whatsoever.
Nellin sneaks passed the zombie and hits him, inflicting one wound.
Althion hits and inflicts three wounds, killing the skeleton.
Rudolph hits and inflicts three wounds, ending the zombie.
The zombie attacks Gimli, missing.
Gimli passes Bravery and hits the zombie, inflicting three wounds, killing it.

Player   TheBigTree      
Character   Althion Griffoneer        
Role   Elven Archer      
Gold   19      
Arrows   5      
Wounds   3      
Fate   2      

Player   Stitch      
Character   Rudolf von Heinz a.k.a. "The Nose"       
Role   Human warrior      
Gold   34      
Wounds   3      
Fate   2      

Player   Wiggus      
Character   Lori Orepacer       
Role   Dwarf Runecaster      
Gold   19      
Spell components   3      
Wounds   2      
Fate   2      

Player   Faitherun      
Character   Thod        
Role   Human Barbarian      
Gold   19      
Wounds   3      
Fate   2      

Player   Skoops6       
Character   Knee-High Nellin       
Role   Halfling Thief      
Gold   24      
Arrows   5      
Wounds   3      
Fate   2      

Player   Lonewolf      
Character   Gimli      
Role   Dwarf Warrior      
Gold   34      Pearl (50)
Wounds   2      
Fate   1      

Next update May 17th
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:45:21 PM by Rasmus »

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2013, 05:00:44 PM »
Lori lifts his right boot to kick Gimli in the rear "Get out the way Youngling that there gold be mine and ye be in my way so i sujest ye moves it a'fore ye loses it."
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2013, 05:21:57 PM »
Not beliving for a second, that the treasure is hiding in any as obvious location as a chest, Gimli steps aside to allow Lorin to trigger all the surely present traps. "Aye, would never step between old folks and their retirement fund."

Gimli allows Lori to pass through and searches the room for treasure (but leaving the chest for Lori).

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline Stitch

• The Angel's Talon
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2013, 07:00:01 PM »
Rudolf realizes he's still alive, and slowly opens his eyes. Seeing the pile of dead flesh in front of him, he gags. Trying to hold the sick back, he stumbles over to the cupboard and leans against it. "Might as well see what's inside", he says to no-one in particular...

(Rudolf will search the cupboard.)

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2013, 07:03:24 PM »
Althion would like to search the room for treasure, offering to share the spoils with his mates in the room. If someone present wishes to search for traps first, Althion will gladly wait until after the search attempt.

"If there be gold, we keep it to aaarrrselves, says I." Althion says, with a wink.

Edit: Ach! Ninja'd by Stitch.

"Hold 'yer hand, if ye wishes to keep it, young Cutter. Let me take a peek with me looking glass, to see if there be trap wires."

Althion suggests that Rudolf wait to open the cupboard, until after Althion searches for traps.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:08:04 PM by GreatBigTree »

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2013, 03:07:39 AM »
Lori lifts his right boot to kick Gimli in the rear "Get out the way Youngling that there gold be mine and ye be in my way so i sujest ye moves it a'fore ye loses it."

OOC - During the exploration phase you are allowed to pass through other heroes. In combat, when swords are whizzing about, such movement is reserved for the Halfling only.

Offline skoops6

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2013, 04:03:22 AM »
With a look of glee in his eye, Nellin searches the room for any loot to be had.

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2013, 11:41:46 AM »
Thod walks out of the room, muttering to himself, "Too many little people getting under foot... how's one supposed to do some justice if all the justice is already done?"

Thod turned from the room and headed down the corridor to see if he can find anything else to kill.
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2013, 04:53:08 PM »

OOC - During the exploration phase you are allowed to pass through other heroes. In combat, when swords are whizzing about, such movement is reserved for the Halfling only.
I'm confused this IS Lori's method for passing by other heroes after all why would we put hobnails in our boots if we werent kicking you've all seen Lori's method knocking its a catch all method with many uses :)
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2013, 05:59:31 AM »

Poking around the room Lori opens the chest, finding 15 gold.
Rudolph, searching through the cupboard, finds a small vial with a wax seal. It appears to be a Sublime Potion of the Supreme Alchemist.
Thod rounds the corner and spies down an empty corridor.

The potion is a super-duper healing potion, which restores wounds, cures disease, detoxifies venom and also gives a permanent +1 to all characteristic (except Fate). It sells for a LOT of money, for obvious reasons.

Next update May 22nd
(sorry for the delay, stomach-flue is not conducive to updating HeroQuest.)