News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Spear of Vulkan Salamanders list (tentative)  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
  • Armies: Alaitoc Eldar, Orks
Spear of Vulkan Salamanders list (tentative)
« on: April 21, 2010, 05:31:14 PM »
So recently I pulled all of my green-armored, black skinned SM out from their long slumber of inactivity and bought something that confirms my commitment to them, and keeping them Salamanders: Vulkan He'Stan.  After packing away the Alpha Legion, I sat down and drew this up for my future list with them:

HQ: Vulkan, possibly with Command Squad in a Razorback with TL Heavy flamer

Chaplain with Terminator Assault Squad (< they have killed Dante, Sanguinor, and a full squad of Sanguinary Guard with no losses so far.)

Elites: Terminator Squad

Troops:
Tac Squad with melta, flamer, powerfist in drop pod
Tac Squad with melta, multi-melta, pw in Rhino
Tac Squad with flamerx2, powerfist in Rhino

Fast Attack
Assault squad with flamerx2 Powerfist
Landspeeder with multi-meltax2

Heavy Support
LR Redeemer with multi-melta
Vindicator

Tell me what seems out of place here.  I am looking to shoot for the moon so to speak in terms of points... kind of.  Most of the units are bare bones as is, and the Termie assault squad is with the chaplain for one reason: Litanies of Hate.  Rerolling all beats rerolling 1.
Besides, the FW DCCW is too damn awesome not to put it on a ven dread... Holy Moly! You know something? that's not even a proper DA ven dread; its a generic ven dread with a RW icon plastered on one side after half the icon's wing has been cut away, pathetic! :P

Offline EldarBaller

Re: Spear of Vulkan Salamanders list (tentative)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 05:47:54 PM »
Just to let you know, Vulkan doesnt give you access to a command squad.  Didnt know if that was actually part of your list or just a musing, but wanted to point that out.

Other than that it looks pretty solid and standard.

If you dont have a fluff problem with it check out the stats on Cassius.  Hes better than a regular chaplain by far.  Also I personally use my old chaplain Xavier model to represent him as they took our favorite Salamander Chaplain out of the book and his stats and equipment make a good Xavier, who used to be eternal warrior basically so comparatively tough as Cassius.

Offline Artcore

• "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever"
    • My jazz combo: Starlight Jazz Trio
  • Armies: Ultra Marines
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 06:20:27 PM »
How many points is this list?

You have a tac squad with 2 flamers; that's not possible. You get one special weapon and one heavy weapon. And you have the option for combi-weapons for your sergeant.

Vulkan is going in the Drop Pod?

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
  • Armies: Alaitoc Eldar, Orks
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 10:14:22 AM »
yeah wasn't sure of that command squad thing, though technically his rank is captain.....  So I'll just whip up something to be a retinue for him.... maybe a 5 man vanguard vets squad minus the jump packs or something.  I'm not sure where I want to go on points for this list, I know all told I am looking to break the 3000 barrier.  Vulkan is going in the razorback, like I specified.  I am changing all the tac squads to MM/flamer madness.  I think I'll do the combi flamers for the sergeants, just for giggles.  I'm going to try and get all this added up soon so I can see what i am working with.
Besides, the FW DCCW is too damn awesome not to put it on a ven dread... Holy Moly! You know something? that's not even a proper DA ven dread; its a generic ven dread with a RW icon plastered on one side after half the icon's wing has been cut away, pathetic! :P