News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Please Rate this vs necron list  (Read 1132 times)

Offline xv15.

Please Rate this vs necron list
« on: August 31, 2002, 03:51:33 PM »
Hey, my league is havin a campaign and my ally just attack a necron position (similar to the vogen campaign) and he's calling for 600 points of tau for me to fight along side him with.

He has:

Space Wolves (900 points)

wolf lord with bolt pistol and frost blade, ulriks pupil, master crafted weapon, wolf pelt, and frags

10 grey hunters, 8 with boltguns and cc, 1 with bolt pistol and power weapon, 1 with flamer. Frags

3 blood claw bikes - 1 w/ flamer, 1 w/ power wepon, 1 w/ power fist

leman russ exterminator with turret tl autocannon, hull lascannon, and sponson heavy bolters

5 long fangs , 1 with heavy bolter, 1 with lascannon, 1 with plasma cannon and 1 with multi melta

now me!

Tau (600)

6 stealth troops. Bonded
6 stealth troops. Bonded
3 crisis suits. Bonded. Burst cannon (x3) and plasma rifle (X3) and multi tracker (X3). team leader with hard wired drone controller and 2 gun drones.

is this a could list to compliment my fellow space wolf ally? I consider it a good anti necron list cuz of all of the multi shot weapons. (hehe, being able to loose 45 s5 shots is nice)

Please tell me if i should change the tau list part. I only have a small part in this battle, i am the ally of the guy attacking and he wanted some heavy firepower. (we have a special rule called joint attack where the attacker can have one of his ally's forces accompany his own aslong as he sacrifices those points that his ally uses)

anyway im not going to go on about the campaign, just tell me if my list compliments his. (we went light on the vehicles so he couldn't exploit the gauss weapons.)
The man who makes a beast of himself,
rids himself of the pain of being a man.

Callidus

Re:Please Rate this vs necron list
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2002, 11:43:32 PM »
First, good, you took multi shot weapons. Necrons hate multi shot weapons, trust me, I know. ;)
Second, good, you took Plasma Rifles. Take out that Lord.
Eplote your manuverability, because the with that force you could run circle around his force. Consentrate fire on one squad at a time, taking one brick away at a time, prefribly Lord then what ever is closes to you and prosedingly moving further back. The farther away the unit is, the less priority it has, unless it is one of the Destroyer units. It would be nice if I knew what the Necron guy is taking.
Just keep shooting squads and wittle down their numbers.

Offline xv15.

« Reply #2 on: September 1, 2002, 12:23:06 PM »
thanx for the advice
The man who makes a beast of himself,
rids himself of the pain of being a man.

Callidus

« Reply #3 on: September 2, 2002, 10:21:42 PM »
Glad to help.
If anyone else is reading this (and I know you are, I can see you right now), and they need advice I would be happy to help, because I'm full of it.
Advice I mean. ;D