News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bonding the Troops  (Read 2444 times)

Offline AceV53

Bonding the Troops
« on: August 5, 2002, 09:19:28 PM »
Is it really worth bonding troops? I have yet to field test the Tau army list I made today (which is my first list by the way). Should I get some things from the Tau Armoury instead of bonding troops?
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

Offline Farseer_Sting

• Play Guard, Never be out gunned
Re:Bonding the Troops
« Reply #1 on: August 5, 2002, 11:26:34 PM »
Well that all depend do you think that I'll kill 25% of a squad in the shooting phase ;D, if yes then with the Tau's lower leadership then it is a must unless you want them to turn their tails and run, if no then go for the upgrades.

P.S. Markerlights /hard-wired target lock (the one that lets him fire at a different unit) are a deadly mix.

P.P.S. Why did i tell u this? ??? ::)

Instant IQ test click here

Warp Riders Expeditionary Force
Win=15
Loose=2
Tie=0

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #2 on: August 6, 2002, 06:42:50 AM »
Yep, bonding is pretty much essential. Bond when ever you can!!
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: August 6, 2002, 06:55:47 AM »
...except in cityfight where the effect of bonding is already given for all troops.

jwu

Offline Mystic511

• I *Love* EldarOnline! No, really, i do!
    • Personal Website
« Reply #4 on: August 7, 2002, 02:22:03 AM »
Well, i'm a dark eldar player, so when my troops go under 50% and they're falling back.. I can't really do much except cry and watch them leave the board.  I wish *I* had a bonding like skill for my squads.  So be thankful for what you have!   :)

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #5 on: August 7, 2002, 05:27:09 AM »
But you can prevent them from doing it again...

Falling back troops rip apart  >:(your battle formation.
You're a merciless ruler. Is there something that comes to your mind that you could do on a public place in your Kabal? ;D

jwu

Offline ValkorisZ

• My death vindicates my purpose
« Reply #6 on: August 7, 2002, 02:35:25 PM »
Unless you are a commander, you can only have 1 Hardwired system. And Bonding is neccesary, as it allows you to keep on firing. Falling Back troops are uselss, and a big waste of points, so basically, though a unit may be worth 144 points, once half of that has been destroyed (without bonding) its all over for that group, though with a Bonding knife you can use eveyr unit to its fullest potential.
The spell of arms and voices: the white arms of roads, their promise of close embraces
and the black arms of tall ships that stand against the moon, their tale of distant nations.
They are held out to say: We are alone."--James Joyce

Offline Aerundel

• My name is Oobedoob Benubi.
    • My BatRep
« Reply #7 on: August 7, 2002, 04:51:55 PM »

Unless you are a commander, you can only have 1 Hardwired system.

Um...what exactly is this in reference to? A markerlight, bonding knife and h-w target lock can all be used together on a team leader.

Offline ValkorisZ

• My death vindicates my purpose
« Reply #8 on: August 8, 2002, 02:08:48 AM »
You know what A hardwired system is right? Its a special thing that leaders have. Its the stuff they get frm the Tau Armoury (Hardwired Drone Controller and the like.) Only commanders get to have more then 1 such system. For instance, one of you upgraded Shas'la fire wariors may be equipped with a MarkerLight, and one hard wired control system, not more then 1. However, Shas'el and Shas'lo get to have up to 3. This may seem like a small thing, but in Night Fight, it gets annoying quick. As for bonding, its also unlimted. Any Tau unit (as in Tau ppl) can be bonded, its almost never a waste of points, and along with Photon nades increases their usefulness by a good amount. As for what I am reffering to, I just like to over react to things I think I read.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2002, 02:13:29 AM by ValkorisZ »
The spell of arms and voices: the white arms of roads, their promise of close embraces
and the black arms of tall ships that stand against the moon, their tale of distant nations.
They are held out to say: We are alone."--James Joyce

Offline Aerundel

• My name is Oobedoob Benubi.
    • My BatRep
« Reply #9 on: August 8, 2002, 08:10:15 AM »
I know what a hard-wired system is, and I know the limitations set on them. I was wondering *why* you stated them though, since no one said anything to the contrary. Just thought that was kinda random...  :P