News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Regarding YOUR submissions and contributions of ARTICLES  (Read 12177 times)

Offline Janek Sunber

• Any job worth doing is worth dying for.
Re: Regarding YOUR submissions and contributions of ARTICLES
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2007, 11:55:04 AM »
Umm... Call me a noob or whatever but I really have no Idea how this site works and I would like to.

1] How can I submit jokes and stuff like in 40k humour and 40k art?

2] Where do I go to create stories?

3] Do you have an RP forum on here for people who might want to, you know, RP a bit of warhammer 40k in like bars and battlefields?
Star Wars Galaxies Character: - Caffran Cloudrunner (Stormtrooper, Server: Starsider)
                                            - Friszk Fizzlebolt (Trandoshan Warsmith, Server: Starsider)

Vassal 40k Name:                   - Caffran Cloudrunner

If you roleplay, I'm more than happy to play online with you!

Offline Devern, The Unsung Hero

• I will slumber until called upon
  • Ancient
  • Look out Boys, I'm coming
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2007, 12:35:33 PM »
As for 1. Not entirely sure, the submission process has never been a major focus on my part, but I seem to recall the uploading function on the galleries being down?  But there is the art forum and space tavern for things like art and jokes, respectively.

2. You open up Microsoft word/notepad/word perfect and just start typing away.  Then you can post it up in the Fiction forum.

3. We do in fact have an RP board, scroll down a bit, all is explained upon entrance.
Quote from: Sheep
FMG is a Swiss army knife. Always a tool, but with so many functions. And he fits right in your pocket.
I cut a hole in your head, using it as a hump-hole.[/color]
We have some messed up people here..

Offline Janek Sunber

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2007, 06:55:03 AM »
Alright, thanks man. Erm... do you mean by "post it in the forum" as in copy and paste?  ;)
Star Wars Galaxies Character: - Caffran Cloudrunner (Stormtrooper, Server: Starsider)

• Ancient
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2007, 12:19:02 PM »
Yeah, should work.  There may be some glitches, so oit would be good to proofread.
FMG is a Swiss army knife. Always a tool, but with so many functions. And he fits right in your pocket.

Offline Janek Sunber

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2007, 04:25:39 AM »
Thanks a bunch. Im ready to begin conquering the 40k universe with words!  :P

Ill begin writing my tale of woe right now :P

• Ancient
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »
Good stuff. 

But a word of warning.  When writing fluff, aim low.  Aim very low.  No titans for your guard regiment, or a system that has every type of planet possible.  It makes for a better story

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2007, 01:28:29 PM »
I'll second that. Fluff is far more interesting when it contains flaws and weaknesses than it is when merely full of strengths. Not all planets field armoured regiments and not all planets are hive/agri/forge worlds which can construct mighty titans while also being full of unspoilt natural wilderness and every resource necessary for anything and everything including those undiscovered as of yet.  ;)
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Felix Faustus

• Failed Anti-Mod Revolutionary
  • 1 part idiocy; 2 parts irony; 3 parts lobstrosity
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2007, 04:43:04 PM »
I would actually like to know about the jokes thing, I've visited the humour board several time in the time I've been on this forum and have never been able to upload any. I looked through all the posters and they seem to all be staff, is it just mods that can post stuff there?
If you can stage the conditions right, creating a chaos god of biscuits could be quite possible.

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2007, 06:50:06 PM »
I have small request to make regarding an artical, and I suppose it should go here.
Here is a thread I started about constructive critisism during rate my list threads. The topic got pretty positive feedback (and some healthy constructive critisism) and as a result I posted an artical detailing the issue. It's about half way down page 2.
I was under the impression that it might get stickied somewhere useful (as that was indeed the reason I wrote it), but it seems to have dropped off the radar.
I don't mind if it's considered surplus to requirements...I'm not in it for the glory (much)....but I thought it would be a good contribution to the forum.

Cheers
Dizzy