News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Horus Heresy: Legions  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Horus Heresy: Legions
« on: March 18, 2018, 07:02:23 PM »
GW has come out with a mobile card game ala Heartstone, but set during the Horus Heresy.  Characters range from notable captains (so far just those surrounding the battle of Isstvan III from what I can see), and Primarchs.

They all have abilities and deck builds that are very flavourful for the character and their legion.  Right now it is in Open Beta, and I am seriously enjoying it.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Horus Heresy: Legions
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 10:47:28 PM »
Which platforms?
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 10:53:47 PM »
Final release: Android and iOS. #LookedItUp
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 11:51:23 PM »
I believe it is currently out on both as well.  I am using it on Android.

Using the Primarchs is actually kind of cool.  So far I think they have Angron and Mortarion, and they each have a special card that takes up space in your hand for the entire game, but can be used once certain conditions are met.

The game maxes out at 10 resources to play a card, and they both start at a cost of 20.  Angron's drops to 0 cost when he is reduced to one wound remaining, then he gets +1 attack (bringing him to 4 if you have no other bonuses) and +10 wounds, while also gaining the ability to attack twice.  Mortarion takes more planning, though, as his ability reduces in cost every time a troop unit is killed by poison.  The Death Guard do have many different ways to cause poison, so it is definitely something to build your deck around.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...