News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 points Grey Knights Army  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Holier than thou

• Praise the Emperor (or he'll kick your *%#).
  • Armies: Grey Knights (since 2006, not a band-wagon jumper)
1500 points Grey Knights Army
« on: August 25, 2014, 01:34:13 PM »
Hi, thought I would post my new list. Have managed to change arms on various models meaning I haven't had to buy anything else (in your face Games Workshop!) but it does leave my Storm Raven, Dreadnoughts and my whole Inquisition army gathering dust.

Detachment - Nemesis Strike Force

HQ - Grand Master with Daemon Hammer, Psycannon, Cuirass of Sacrifice and Domina Liber Daemonica

Troops - Terminator Squad x 10 with 2 x Psycannons, 8 x Storm Bolters, 3 x Halberds, 2 x Daemon Hammers and 5 x Swords

Troops - Strike Squad x 10 with 2 x Psycannons and 8 x Storm Bolter/Swords

Troops - Strike Squad x 5 with 1 x Incinerator and 4 x Storm Bolter/Swords

Fast Attack - Interceptor Squad x 10 with 2 x Incinerators, 5 x Storm Bolter/Halberds and 3 x Storm Bolter/Swords

Heavy Support - Nemesis Dreadknight with Personal Teleporter, Heavy Psycannon, Heavy Incinerator and Nemesis Greatsword

Total - 1501

Everything apart from the Interceptors can Deep Strike (the only unit with a Teleporter is the only unit who can't teleport into battle, well done Games Workshop  ::), hopefully this will be FAQd) so I will hopefully be in faces early doors but have no vehicles and will struggle with AV 13/14 at range and could potentially arrive piecemeal.

Comments welcome but bear in mind I am well aware that Purifiers are better than Strike Squads but they can't Deep Strike so don't fit with the theme of the army.

Repent and ye shall be forgiven.
Sin again and, verily, I shall bring the hurt!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: 1500 points Grey Knights Army
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 11:30:46 PM »
So, I started reading your list when I came across a few questions of my own. First off I like your list, it has a nice feel and looks like it can take care of itself against a lot of different armies. First off, I looked at the dex and I am trying to figure out how the strike squads can deep strike and the Interceptors can't. In my eyes, that is backwards and maybe I'm reading it wrong. My other question is why is your Storm Raven not being used? I plan on using mine and maybe both of them in bigger games although the NDK is such a better option now, hehe I have 4. But as you stated, the only thing I see in your list that can deal armor damage is 3 hammers and the NDK. The psycannons can with rending but unreliable. When you get to use the list, please report back and let us know how it worked.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword