News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Revisiting my Dawi  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Katamari Damacy

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar Empire, Dwarfs
Revisiting my Dawi
« on: June 16, 2013, 07:54:23 AM »
Tromm my fellow Dawi!

I've been collecting dwarfs for almost as long as i've been collecting Eldar but somehow my friends and i mainly sticked to playing 40k. I intend to change that and since i haven't played my Dwarfs in almost three years, i could use a little update on what's new and hip. I have the current BRB but rarely used it (and now there are rumors about 9th already, jeez).

Anyways, after reading a good amount of WHFB literature and realising how much i love the dwarf fluff, i really want to play the little guys again. I'm not too familiar with the current state of our army book and it's Erratas/Updates so i'm having trouble getting a decent army list together. I could also use some help in where to invest my money. I used to play infantry heavy lists with only a couple of warmachines but i don't know if this is still viable. I tried to keep my army 'all-metal' but i have to give up on this since i don't think i can get enough of the ancient Clan Warriors.

So i'm gonna post a list of stuff i have and i hope you can give me advice on what to get, and maybe even help me building a list out of what i have available. So here's my collection:

2 White Dwarf (2h and 1h -> Kings)
1 White Dwarf mounted on Gotrek and Bugman (mounted King)
1 Runelord Kragg
1 Runesmith
1 Josef Bugman
1 Anvil of Doom
21 'Bugman's Companions' (2h/x-bow guys)
10 Thunderers
36 Longbeards
36 Hammerers
36 Slayers
20 Iron Breakers
1 Stone Thrower (old)
2 Grudge Throwers
1 Flame Cannon

I used to field a mounted King, 2 Grudge Throwers, some 20isch Clan Warrrios and as many Hammerers/Breakers/Longbears and Slayers as the points would allow. Anyways with large regiments becoming more popular, i was thinking about buying some more Bugman guys and Iron Breakers, as well as Thunderers. I don't own any regular Clan Warriors and avoided buying the army box so far due to my metal-fetisch.

Where should i invest? What units are popular and good? Any help is highly appreciated!  :D

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.