News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Assault on Forge World - Signup Thread  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Vosrik

• Adventures make one late for dinner!
  • Armies: Space Marines
Assault on Forge World - Signup Thread
« on: May 18, 2010, 02:30:01 PM »
Okay everyone! Here's a continuation of the now deceased thread Assault on Games Workshop. Here's the first part of the story by Thalandir:

Games Workshop has become corrupt (well, more corrupt than it already is). A group of characters created by the Games Workshop universe (because we all know that 40k is real, right?) get together, setting aside their differences and deciding that the source of this corruption must be sought out and stopped. The ridiculous price increases and horrible ideas are setting GW up for bankruptcy, and the characters know that if GW ceases to exist, so will they.

So, Games Workshop HQ must be infiltrated and the source of the corruption found, and neutralised.

So now here's the rest of the story:

The assault on Games Workshop proved to be an utter failure, and so the group of warriors was evacuated from the planet. Exterminatus was declared, and therefore utterly incinerating every living thing on the planet. Captain Generic was killed, but Inquisitor Bland managed to escape...
He went to the Forge World HQ, and reported the destruction of the Games Workshop HQ. The leaders of Forge World were outraged, and began producing large amounts of Titans and other battle machines.

Once again, every race in the known universe has been called to action!

So, if you're interested in playing, here's what you do:

1)Pick a special character (such as Abaddon, Eldrad, Calgar etc) from one of the Codices as the character you will play as. With the more widely known characters it can be assumed that everyone knows who they are, but if they're a character that not everyone may know about (including myself), say, a random Dark Angels special character or something, state something brief about who they are. Obviously you can't pick a Special Character who has already been chosen, so first in, best dressed. Once enough players have a picked a character, I will pick one myself (who will act as the group's guide during their misadventures)

2)Sign this form:

I, (insert name), hereby state that I will adhere to the rules as they are laid out by the greatest of the Tavern Kings, Vosrik of the Ordo Pedobearus. I understand that if I do not adhere to these rules, I will be subject to torture and other such deserved punishments, carried out by one of the Inquisitor Lords of the Ordo Pedobearus.

Lastly, this game will be about being crazy, silliness and above all just having fun. I have read through many of the old Tavern RPGs and regret that I did not join this forum sooner and participate in such games.
This may or may not be the rebirth of such games. So, bear with me, as I'm a n00b at running these kind of things, but you can be assured that the game will be filled with fun, puzzles and many 'lolz'.

Rules:

The Turn:
This RPG is turn-based, and during every turn you may perform one action. Is that clear, for clarity's sake I'll repeat: ONE ACTION! And even then, you can only attempt something, for you all to write that you automatically achieve your goal would be god-modding.
So, you may only perform one action a turn, and even then, it is only an attempt; I will decide whether or not you succeed. Is that understood? Also, the only exception to this one action is that you may react to an action that directly affects you; such as if a team mate tries to perform a combo-action with you, or an enemy attacks you. It is ok to post a reaction in addition to your one action that turn.
So, what constitutes as an action? Obviously, it's more than taking one step forward. However, leaping off a roof top, shooting enemies as you fall through the air, landing on the ground in a roll action and decapitating someone is clearly more than one action. So, it's up to you guys to find the line. I will let you know if you cross that line  ;).
But, how do ensure that your action is successful? It all comes down to the quality of your posts. If you write, "I shoot the Guardsman," the most likely scenario has you tripping forward and the gun accidentally shooting you in the face (and yes, I can ensure that I will make it happen). However, if you write a nice little paragraph about how your character goes to all of this effort to do things etc, you have a very good chance of performing your action (unless, of course, it interferes with the plot, but I very much doubt this).
There will basically be two different kinds of actions in this. One of them is described above, basically, it will be a narrative, and your success will depend on the quality of your posts. The other kind is more straight forward; the joke thing is a good example, I might have you post a picture that corresponds to the task (a warp daemon may ask you to post a humorous picture, for example). Most times, you may just have to choose a number.

Whilst we are in a 'turn' I'd like to keep banter to an absolute minimum, some chat is fine, but nothing over the top, as I will have to go back over everyone's posts and figure out what your action was.

So, one action a turn, quality posts (to sum it all up).

Also, no swearing or dirty jokes.

Roster:

Chief Librarian Varro Tigurius - Vosrik of the Ordo Pedobearus
Tyranid Ravener - Shalken of the Ordo Pedobearus
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:16:23 PM by Vosrik of the Ordo Pedobearus »

Offline Shalken

• DeviantART
Re: Assault on Forge World - Signup Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 04:18:32 PM »
Count me in, Vos!

I, Shalken of the Ordo Pedobearus, hereby state that I will adhere to the rules as they are laid out by the greatest of the Tavern Kings, Vosrik of the Ordo Pedobearus. I understand that if I do not adhere to these rules, I will be subject to torture and other such deserved punishments, carried out by one of the Inquisitor Lords of the Ordo Pedobearus.

I'd prefer to use a Tyranid Ravener.

Cya 'round...

Shal~
"What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"
- Gandalf

Offline Vosrik

• Adventures make one late for dinner!
  • Armies: Space Marines
Re: Assault on Forge World - Signup Thread
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 03:18:02 PM »
Nobody else is replying or signing up, so I will lock it.