News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: It's that Time of Year Again (Kinda...): The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2007!  (Read 2182 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
It's that Time of Year Again (Kinda...): The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2007

Even if it is about 6 months later than the time we have usually done it (the summer), in a way doing it around this time makes more sense anyway, so I guess it's pretty good as far as mistakes go ;).

Introduction

Anyway, for those of you new to the forum, those of you who rarely stray into the community boards and/or those of you with the memory of a goldfish, the Forum Awards are an annual event that started in 2004 as a way of celebrating the great community we have here, as well as allowing people to be recognised for the hard work they have done for the site and/or the people of this site.

To start off with, we will be accepting nominations for each of the awards, which will last from one to two weeks (it depends how 'popular' it is). The top 6-8 (again, depends on how popular each award is) nominations, i.e. the people who get the most nominations, will then be taken through to the voting stage. The voting will take place in the same boards as the nomination thread, and will work like any other poll (the exact specifics will depend on how much activity there is in the voting and/or how close it is, so there may be more than one 'round' of voting).

See the main thread in the Polling Booth for further information and to make nominations for the main (non-board specific) categories.

Good luck all :D!

~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 2, 2007, 04:47:40 PM by - Makenshi, the White Cloud - »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.