News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 point list, no MC's!  (Read 733 times)

Offline RampagingRavener

• Who am I? What am I doing here?
2000 point list, no MC's!
« on: June 11, 2005, 10:52:23 AM »
Hi all, I'm new to 40Konline, but been playing nids for about 4 years, and post (very) often on www.warpshadow.com.

Anyway, I've been using this list for a while, and wanted to see what you thought of it.

HQ.

Broodlord with Acid Maw, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs. 102 points.
Genestealer Retinue with extended carapace and Scything Talons. 192 points.

Elite.

5 Warriors with Adrenal Glands (WS and I), Enhanced Sences, Extended Carapace, Symbiote Rippers, Toxin Sacs, Bio-Plasma, Leaping, 2 Deathspitters, 2 Devourers, 1 venom cannon, all scything talons. 271 points.

5 Warriors with Adrenal Glands (WS and I), Enhanced Sences, Extended Carapace, Symbiote Rippers, Toxin Sacs, Bio-Plasma, Leaping, 2 Deathspitters, 2 Devourers, 1 venom cannon, all scything talons. 271 points.

3 Lictors. 240 Points.

Troops.

15 gaunts with fleshborers (termagants). 90 Points.

15 gaunts with fleshborers (termagants). 90 Points.

16 Hormagaunts. 160 points

4 Ripper Swarms with leaping. 56 points.

4 Ripper Swarms with leaping. 56 points.

Fast Attack.

2 Raveners with scything talons, Rending Claws and spinefists. 92 points.

Heavy Support.

3 Zoanthropes with synapse and Warp Blast. 195 Points.

Total models: 85.

Tactics wise, its a very shooty army. The gaunts get into shooting range and open up, lurking in terrain for good cover saves. The warriors and rippers are combo shooting/assault units, I've found the masses of attacks they can throw out makes up for the lack of rending claws.

The Lictors and Zoanthropes are the tank hunting units, I can somethings get them working together-the Lictors force people to move the tanks away to avoid getting the rear armour rended off, and often will blunder into the 18" charged Warp Blast range. The hormagaunts are the basic flypaper unit to tie up the enemy, raveners move along to support other parts of the army with their many rending attacks, and the BL and drinking buddies just get stuck in as quickly as possible.

Anyway, thats it. Whaddya think?
Cant sleep...gaunts'll eat me...Cant sleep...gaunts'll eat me...