News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Army List review  (Read 644 times)

Offline Fat Badger

• Ya djivu v karodke
Army List review
« on: June 10, 2005, 02:00:19 PM »
Ok, this army might look a tad strange at first, but bear with me.

HQ:  Tyrant with Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, Venom Cannon, Dual Devourers,Psychic Scream, The Horror: 159

Elites: 3 Warriors with Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, Extended Carapace, devourers/talons:  102

5 Warriors with Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, Extended carapace, 4x deathspitter, 1x barbed strangler: 185

Carny with Dual Talons, WS adrenal Glands, Toxic Miasma, Flesh Hooks: 114 points

Troops:
32 devourer gaunts in 2 squads:  320
32 Hormagaunts in 2 squads: 320
12 basic genestealers: 192

Fast Attack:
3 clusters of 3 frag spore mines:  72

Heavy Support:
3 Zoanthropes, all with psychic scream, warp field, 1 with synapse creature

Carny with Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Reinforced Chitin, Devourers, Venom Cannon:  178

Carny with: Adrenal Glands, Bonded Exo, Flesh Hooks, Regenerate, Reinforced Chitin, Scythe, Toxin Sacs, Toxic Miasma, dual talons: 201

K so this comes out to just under 2000 points.  The idea is to batter the enemy with fire, while using psychic scream on 4 models to make break checks fatal.  My fear is that the list is too slow however.  I plan to put the Carnies in a form of wall, not touching, but close enough to shield the zoanthropes, with the synapse one in the middle, forming a circle of about 24 inches or so where enemies will be at LEAST at -1 LD.  The Tyrant may hang around, so any enemies nearby can be at a frightening -4 leadership.  Enemies wishing to assault me will be forced to move into this -4 ring, and I'll concentrate some fire on them to scare them off.  If nothing else, a 200 point melee carnifex should keep them away.  -4 LD should help vs force weapons as well. 

The devourer gaunts will try to run into cover asap, and lurk while shooting at any enemies.  The hormagaunts will try to hug cover out of gunfire, and as soon as the main block of my army is closer, charge.  If I do manage to get 1-2 squads to start running, then the hormies will charge earlier.  Genestealers will have a similar agenda.  The spore mines are simple.  By turn two I should be able to have at least 1-2 psychic scream units in range, and then I simply use the mines as extra shooting, or drop them on heavy weapon squads. 

Still my main concern is that the army is too slow, so any suggestions are greatly appriciated.  Thanks
Hard work pays off in the long run, but lazyness pays off now!

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Why is it that when a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment, but when a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 a minute?