News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1200 pt Tourny Army, pls give comments  (Read 410 times)

Offline D4rKn3sS

• Haemonculus
  • Funny how guts taste better on the outside....
1200 pt Tourny Army, pls give comments
« on: November 21, 2007, 04:23:36 AM »
Okay so i've got a tourny in January. It is 1200 pts and im gonna run some bugs. My theme is based around Raveners and as such i'm using a Trygon as a Winged Hive Tyrant. Please comment on what you think of my army. By all means, abuse.

Hive Tyrant: Winged, +S, 2x Scything Talons, Warp Field, Symbiote Rippers

6x Warriors: Scything Talons, Rending Claws, Leaping, +I, +Sv

20x Hormagaunts: +I, +WS
20x Hormagaunts: +I, +WS
32x Gaunts: Fleshborers

3x Raveners: Scything Talons, Rending Claws
Happiness is like wetting yourself...
Everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline Zombie_dla

Re: 1200 pt Tourny Army, pls give comments
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 05:27:20 AM »
I'm kind of new to the game but I think I can give you a few pointers :) The Symbiote rippers arem't really very useful. Why would you want your Flyrant to count as 11 models in CC? Otherwise he looks good. Some people would argue that you put +I or implant attack on him to deal with Independent Characters but I would say don't. I'd rather use stealers to take out IC.

I've never played with CC warriors so I can't say much about those.

Most people argue that you should take Hormagaunts 'Vanilla'. So no biomorphs at all. Personally I field hormagautns with +I and toxin sacs. It's no the best but I like to give them a little more Oomph! And the look great with those biomprhs ;) But if you want to min/max everything, I'd say keep them cheap or take stealers instead.

I wouldn't field a brood of homragaunts that big. Either split them into two or replace them with stealers (they're wonderful!)

I haven't fielded any Raveners either so I can't tell you that much apart from in theory they're awesome. Keep the talons and rending but split them into three groups. Yes, one in each brood! That'll make your opponent waste shots trying to kill one at a time :)

Offline overmind2000

Re: 1200 pt Tourny Army, pls give comments
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 07:54:38 AM »
Well first off, you are running a mostly swarm army, so I would drop the upgrades on the hormagaunts, you need the points to increase the numbers. Next, you have no ranged anit-tank - you have good CC ant tank, but any army that uses more than one heavy tank will smash up most of your forces before you can reach them; added to this is the high dependence on synapse that this army has. I would recommend trying to add a zoanthrope with warp blast and synapse to the army - granted with synapse he won't be keeping up with a majority of the swarm, but it gives you a good synapse support unit - he can also shoot at any tank threats that you have