News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 500pts biel-tan  (Read 207 times)

Offline Khaines Fury

• It's notthe size of your Fwoosh it's howyou use it
500pts biel-tan
« on: May 8, 2005, 07:10:27 PM »
hello all i'm making a new army for a tourney at my local games workshop and i decided to have an all warp spider army. tear it up. thanx in advanced.

HQ
Farseer: jetbike, fortune,cc weapon, s pistol                     92pts

Troops
x2 Warpspiders x8: exarch, withdraw                              203pts

total 498pts
p.s. alternativley i could swap the farseer for an avatar and have him suck up fire
« Last Edit: May 8, 2005, 08:04:56 PM by Khaines Fury »
I trust dishonest men, and distrust honest men, cause you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, its the honest ones you have to watch out for cause you never know when they might do something incredibly stupid

Offline Warlock Mischel

• It's GO TIME!!!
Re: 500pts biel-tan
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2005, 07:19:14 PM »
It's a shame you can't fortune both the squads.  Oh well.  Make sure to put them in cover and have them to attack in concert. 

Also one full squad of spiders with exarch and withdraw is 247 pts.  So yeah.
Eldar: 1500 Points
Eldar Summary Battle Report:
Eldar: 3/0/1
Current Victory Over: Chaos (1000)
Mission: Seek & Destroy
Level: Gamma (without Nightfight)
Result: Victorius Slaughter (Opponent forfeited)
Quote of the battle:  How the **** did your Spiders kill my Rhino! 
2nd Quote of the Battle: You blew up my Dread and Pred in one turn...

Offline Khaines Fury

« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2005, 08:04:21 PM »
sorry i  ment to put squads of 8 i'll modify it.
I trust dishonest men, and distrust honest men, cause you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, its the honest ones you have to watch out for cause you never know when they might do something incredibly stupid

Offline Lascidel

« Reply #3 on: May 9, 2005, 01:02:18 AM »
Warp Spiders in cover=difficult terrain test or die. (I think any 'alternate' reading of that rule is very unsportmanlike and is biased-opinion verging on cheating). They can start in cover I suppose, although I'd rather start behind it and be out of LOS.

I'd like to see the Farseer have some kind of damage potential, such as a spear (or even mindwar). Fortuning 1/2 your units doesn't work too well as the opponent can usually choose to target the non-fortuned squad instead.
"Out we come, bloodied and squalling, with the knowledge that for all the points on the compass, there is only one direction, and time is its only measure."
-Rosencrantz (an Eldar at heart) from Tom Stoppard's Rosancrantz & Guildenstern are Dead

"I... like using a mallot to kill kittens."
-Roy

Offline Khaines Fury

« Reply #4 on: May 9, 2005, 08:16:42 AM »
ok i guess i could give the seer mind war so he can get rid of the "5" plasma guns in one of my opponents armies (curse you cleanse and purify)