News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: USF or ULTHWE?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline keldar

• I'm a llama!
USF or ULTHWE?
« on: July 5, 2003, 11:32:00 AM »
WHICH ONE?

Offline Fuji

• Awesome, y0
    • Fuji-Online
Re: USF or ULTHWE?
« Reply #1 on: July 5, 2003, 02:19:54 PM »
Neither. Standard Codex rules are the best, in my opinion.
Farseer Lord, in command of all Lugganath Expeditionary Forces on the Eastern Sectors
Dragonlord of the Black Dragon Fourth Company, residing on Saffron IV

Offline Colonel Twisting Shadow

• Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I was told to get a life; so I bought more figs...
  • Armies: What don't I play?
« Reply #2 on: July 5, 2003, 03:21:27 PM »
how much exp do you have with eldar?  because Ulthwe looks much easier to play, but USF could be far more powerful in the long run...  I guess it depends on how much you like tanks and wraith constructs...

-Angel
Hey! I know!  Let's focus on building army lists, instead of silly custom titles and command structures, yeah?

From the days of the doctorines.
RIP-Goyder, Koonitz, and Jenkins.  Honour them.

Armies:
ORDER: Elysians 2k5, Armored battlegroup 2k5, Infantry Guard 2k, Dark Angles 4k5, Grey Knights 2k
DISORDER: Chaos 3k, Daemons 2k Dark Eldar 2k5, Nids 2k, Orks 2k5
I'm both proud and ashamed of those numbers...

Offline ghost271

• The Earth is One Country, and Mankind its Citizens
« Reply #3 on: July 6, 2003, 12:35:48 AM »
Myself I am sticking with the standard list. HOWEVER ......... A fellow Eldar player SLAUGHTERED a grey knghts squad with his 40 SC shots and then engaged into HtH. Not to mention that his Warlock and hanful of guardians walked the line cracking open 4 Rhinos and killing all their occupants !!!. I personally saw an Ork player surround the wraithgate. Out pops the Seer Council w/3 destructors and WHOOSH !!!! a nice big hole in the Ork lines and then the Fire Dragons killed the 2 Ork Dreadnuaghts. It was a slaughter and left me very impressed. The D-Cannon tactic doesn't work so well. I've tried it as well as the aforementioned player and we've had no luck. I have a remarkable/undefeated Ulthwe list that I use as standard and am reluctant to change what already works.

I am going to add a Shadow Seer into my Council (Nasty !!!! ) and perhaps a Solotaire as well.
Ulthwe Eldar  - W   D   L (12 game win streek)
                      26  0    1

Tau              -  9   1    3

Offline lapiaz

« Reply #4 on: July 6, 2003, 02:33:39 AM »
USF can be very nasty if the gate is placed right and they always can do it even if the model that have is kill so they jus need afive guardian squad and a warlock to do it and if the portal is not surround dig a hole in the table and hide because those 6 Viper  starcannon at BS4  and 3 warwalker whit bl gonna make a hole in the enemy lines like firewors in a four of july follow by mass of stormies stiking Haygranades in every tank that survive the firts blow and srtiking scorpion whit Maugan Ra moping up the pieces of the army ,men and they do this at full strengh

Offline chipndip

• Don't make me slap you.
    • Law dog
« Reply #5 on: July 6, 2003, 10:15:07 AM »
I played Ulthwe for a while, and I have been playing USF for about 4 weeks now.  USF has good and bad points.  It has some big advantages in certain missions: dawn assault, cleanse, recon...  but it takes a lot of getting used to.

I have been writing little batraps after each league battle, and so far, the USF has won 3, tied 1, lost:0.  Here is where you can review the batraps.

Topic: Ulthwe Strike Force... will it really be that great?
http://pub83.ezboard.com/fskullbonezfrm29

Note to other USF players out there - USF guardians are better than ever, and the Spear of Khaine is the best close combat squad I have ever used in an eldar list.  Just amazing!  Enhanced Storm guardians w/weapon skill 5 initiative 5 aren't bad either, expecially when the Avatar makes them fearless.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2003, 10:23:54 AM by chipndip »
Love the law, but don't worship it, because it is not the highest standard.  It is our lowest common denominator.  It is the least we will accept from people as a society.  Don't make the law your goal.  You can do better.  You should do better.

Offline Moonsinger

• The Cause of Priapism | Meanie!
  • Ancient
    • KFD-Comics
« Reply #6 on: July 6, 2003, 11:32:10 AM »
Ulthwé and USF have 2 thing incommon:
Black Guardians
Seer Council.
Both of them uses this. But USF uses Black Guardians all over which gives you an Eldar army of BS4.
But USF doesn't got any vechiles like Falcon, Prism, Wave Serpent.
They can only have one Aspect warrior shrine, but this doesn't complay to Dark Reapers.

Ulthwé got more Aspect Warriors and more vechiles then USF but USF can be far more superior.

Top Tip:Use the webway as a "transport" for Aspect warriors.
Dwarf Females <3
Priapism is considered a medical emergency, which should receive proper treatment by qualified medical people