News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 newb army list  (Read 666 times)

Offline insanesplicer

1500 newb army list
« on: March 23, 2003, 01:17:21 AM »
ok i used to play DE but quit for a year or two, anyway this is my idea for a eldar shooty list

Farseer: CCW, S pistol, runes of witnessing, guide, (77 pts)

9+1 ex Striking Scorpions: with plasma/heywire nades, exarch with scorpion claw (217 pts)

2x 12 man guardian defender squads: starcannon, warlock with CCW & S pistol, conceal (179 pts each)

x2 11 man guardian defender squads: bright lance, warlock with CCW & S pistol, conceal (171 pts each)

Wraithlord: with 2 flamers, starcannon (120 pts)

Falcon: brightlance (155 pts)

4+1 ex Dark reapers: exarch with reaper launcher, fast shot (223 pts)

so please review/ comment this is only my first stab at this army.
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan.

Offline insanesplicer

Re: 1500 newb army list
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 01:19:40 AM »
forgot to mention its supposed to be an all-around army but since most peope play space marines i figured i'd throw in some extra low ap weapons  ;D
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan.

Offline PF199

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 06:32:05 AM »
The falcon comes with a pulse laser which is as good as the bright lance so put a scatter laser on it since thats what the model has and its cheeper, I would go for a halo field too if you can find the pt.
On surrounded ground plot, on dangerous ground fight. -Sun Tzu

Offline Dwixerzon

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 10:25:37 PM »
I'm just wondering how you can say that a pulse laser is as good as a bright lance, when facing a vehicle with armor of 13 or 14, a bright lance needs to roll 4's for penetrating hits, whereas a pulse laser needs 5s and 6s respectively.  Since many players go SMurfs as the army's creator mentioned, it may be smart to have a weapon that can crack open land raider should he need to.

Offline para

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 07:14:34 AM »
Dwixerzon, what you is true.  In theory the BL does have a better chance of penetrating high armour vehicles.

However if you look at other factors the pulse laser is a good alternative.  Firstly your Falcon only has BS 3 so hits on a 4+.  Most of time it will be moving 6"+ so you will only get to fire one weapon and as the pulse laser has the potential to fire 3 shots a turn if it stays in one peice long enough potentially it is more effective that a BL.  Plus it gives you a few exta points for say Spirit Stones which should add to the vehicles longevity.

BL are more effective when twin-linked on mounted on a wraithlord with BS 4 imo.