News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1600 tourney on sunday, lil help  (Read 1464 times)

Offline theredemption

• my waaagh is bigger than yours
  • Armies: orks and only orks
1600 tourney on sunday, lil help
« on: October 22, 2014, 01:31:45 PM »
Hello all,
I have a 1600 pt tourney this Sunday, only played probably 2 matches since I started a couple months ago. Not sure what to play, the "judge" had set a special capture rule that only troops or foot soldiers can use I was gunna field

HQ's
Big mek w/kff
Mad doc DA pain boss

Elites
Meganobz x4 w/ one a boss

Heavy support
Lotta's x5
Lobbas x5

Lords of war
Ghazghkull
Stompa w/5 super rokkets

All together it is 1600 on the nose but I also have a mork and gork along with about 80 boy's, a couple nobz, 4 killskKans, 3 bikers, 8 burna boys, 9 storm boys a mek in mega armor and telly blasta and the free boota king.
Not sure what to field so I'm asking other ork players
Thanks
300 boys should be enough rite?

Offline Warlord Argh

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 1600 tourney on sunday, lil help
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 11:42:40 AM »
Only 1 Lord of war usually allowed - that would be the stompa or Ghazz. If you drop gazz, get some boyz in a big squad, or two trukks of them.

Offline theredemption

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 01:32:59 PM »
Thanks, I hope I get my battle wagon today or tomorrow then it will get interesting. Still learning the Army build rules but that helps, plus I don't have ghaz's supplement so it will probably be changed.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 07:15:18 PM »
I would drop Ghaz and add in two squads of boys as most detachments require at least two troop choices.

One squad could ride in the stompa while the other squad and the MaNs provide infantry support to keep uber characters from killing the stompa.

On the other hand, for a small tourney list your stompa may not be allowed. Be prepared to substitute your gork and mork for the stompa.

Good luck, and let us know how you do.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline theredemption

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 10:40:45 AM »
The stompa was allowed, I played 30 boys w/boss nob a squad of bikers, a squad of Lotta's, big mek with kff which rode in my stompa and 5 lobbas. Played some tyranids game one and once I took out his baby maker it didn't take long he brought two big boys in on turn 3 but couldn't hurt stompy. Then eldar match 2 came down to 3 tanks vs my stompa and troop of boys, stompa was victorious.
Won a battle wagon. So now I have 2
Learned a lot abouy super heavy walkersand how they attack wwith that supa gattla it confused even the judge. The stompa sealed that tourney for me if not played probably would have lost.
Can't wait to try the mork with a belly full of burnas
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:50:58 AM by theredemption »