News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000(ish) pt Speed Freak Army List  (Read 477 times)

Offline lemurking23

2000(ish) pt Speed Freak Army List
« on: July 31, 2007, 08:33:58 PM »
Hey all,

Below is a 2000 point KoS list I managed to scrape together from what I have.  I'd just like to note that while I greatly appreciate advice on how to tweak the list, please be aware that this is essentially all I have in terms of models, so I really don't have too much flexibility in adding things.(I'm sure I need more Trukks)  I'm a relative newb to the game and pretty much green in Orks, having only played a few fast and loose games with my current army. 

I mostly play against a crisis suit or fish of fury Tau, or wraithguard Eldar, although Godzilla and Genestealer nids do pop up. 

Thanks for any thoughts.

HQ:
168   War boss -  Megarmor,more dakka/shootier kustom combi rokkit, cy-body, boss pole
              WITH   
   Wartrukk - Grots, Armor Plates, Red Paint

ELITE:
486   Skarboyz x 20 -   3x Big Shoota, Nob w/PK + Big Horns
            WITH
   Battlewagon -    Zzap Gun, 2x Twin-Linked BS, 5 big shoota, Armor, Grot, Red   

488   Ard Boyz x 20 -    3x Rokkit, Nob w/PK + Big Horns
            WITH
   Battlewagon -   Zzap Gun, 2x Twin Linked BS, 5 Big Shoota, Armor, Grot, Red

TROOPS:
182   Trukk Boyz x 10 - Big Shoota, Nob w/ PK + Big Horns
            WITH Trukk - Grots, Armor, Red

179   Trukk Boyz x 10 - Rokkit, Nob w/ PK + Big Horns
                                WITH Trukk - Grots, Armor, Red

FAST ATTACK:
397   Outriders x 9 - nob + PK

HEAVY SUPPORT
132     Basilisk - Indirect Fire, Grots, Red

TOTAL: 1997 

As for Tactics, I guess I see the Battlewagons acting as my center, forcing some serious attention. It'd essentially do a twisted bastardization of a  phalanx,moving forward as a single mass (battlewagons at front sides, trukks in center, warbikes at the point, basilisk at the rear, looser against a template heavy army) The Outriders would move out first to provide some cheap cover for my army but mostly to just harry my enemy and hopefully tie up a unit enough to block any LOS of their big guns that would threaten my wagons. The wagons would either charge forward to deposit their troops in one big thrust, or shift out to the flanks if my enemy deployed their biggest threats in the center.  The basilisk sits back and lobs, either cleaning up a flank to allow my trukk boys or Warboss to slide in, or taking out any really dug in units with heavy range weaponry. 

Would it be better to split up the outriders into two squads to increase the chance of them buying me another turn, or use them as normal warbikes for a bit cheaper and maybe use the some spar 45 points for a fighterz raid?  I suppose I could try and convert a bike into one of the warbike mounted warboss', and that would free up another trukk for another unit of trukk boys if I cut down on points. 

Thank you again.
If I wanted to be normal I'd dedicate 10 hours a day to a cubicle.

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
Re: 2000(ish) pt Speed Freak Army List
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 09:16:48 PM »
One thing you have to realize is that battlewagons are only armor 13, and open topped at that.

They WILL not survive most anti tank fire, even Nids could pop those things readily. As they are also slow, your stuck exposing them to fire frequently, or really hugging the terrain, which also isn't easy considering that they are the size of a land raider, minimum.

If you love battlewagons, consider force field generators, at least that way the'll not be open topped, and the slow factor doesn't mean anything.

I prefer to trust trukks to get my boys in. If 10 boys won't do it, than 20 boys from 2 squads normally will.

Use buggies, cheap buggies to shield them from incoming fire, or provide more targets for the opponent to shoot at.

Zapp guns are great too, but again, too many eggs in one basket. If you want a shooty battlewagon, take a small squad of shoota boys or flashgitz with extra big shootas to go with all those bolt-ons.

Break up the Outriders into 2 squads with a 2nd nob with PK.

Don't be afraid of going through terrain with bikes and trukks, its in character, and it actually tends to shock most opponents.

Boss on a bike is the best thing though, you benefit from the IC rule when on a bike, but not when in a trukk.
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline O.I.C.

• Ork Skarboy
Re: 2000(ish) pt Speed Freak Army List
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2007, 12:21:26 PM »

howdy ..

i just wanted to say. If thats "all" you have.. your doing fine....

just get out there and Wwwwaaaagh.  as you play more youll feel want you want and where to increase your horde.

me i love battlewagons...and some times i take the battlefortress..som etimes.. so if you take multipul BWs think of upgrading one..