News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Forgeworld's stance on Farsight Enclaves.  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Serin / Grieva

• Infinity Circuit
  • "We move, as the winds blow"- Tiamait - Saim Hann
  • Armies: CW Eldar, D Eldar, WHFB Slaanesh Daemons
Forgeworld's stance on Farsight Enclaves.
« on: March 30, 2014, 10:05:17 AM »
Hi guys like a lot of people I wanted to take Forgeworld suits in my Enclave list (or in my case my Enclave allies for my Eldar).

So I asked the following because I saw a number of fuzzy areas with the interactions of the Enclave supplement, note on where signature systems come from, which effectively meant that nothing could be taken from the Taros Campaign for Farsight Tau. So I emailed the following:

MY EMAIL:

Hello Forge World Team

Just wanted to know if a detachment of Farsight Enclaves can take the XV81 and XV84 battlesuits for their XV8 Commander. If the Commander can, then can he take wargear from the Farsight Enclaves supplement as well?

For example: Tau Commander: XV84 battlesuit, Twin-linked Fusion Blasters, Fusion Blades Upgrade.

The reason I ask is because the Farsight Supplement codex says that signature systems for Farsight Enclave characters cannot be taken from supplement Codex:Tau. Further to this it also says that you choose one supplement book when creating your Tau force (so either Farsight Enclave or Codex:Tau), with this in mind the Taros Campaign 2nd Edition states that these suits are signature systems that can be taken by Codex:Tau. This causes issues with how to regard the Taros Campaign Second edition book, is it:

An extension to Codex:Tau - in which case the options listed are simply part of the Tau Codex, and so Farsight Enclaves cannot take XV81/XV84 signature systems.

A supplement of Codex:Tau - in which case due to the strictness of the Farsight Enclave Supplement you cannot take signature systems from multiple supplements.

Is an independent resource designed for use with all Codex:Tau supplements. In which case Farsight Enclaves would have access to all units and options listed in the Taros Campaign 2nd Edition print.

Thanks in advance guys. Would be nice to see an FAQ/Errata for the Taros Campaign 2nd Edition.

FORGEWORLD RESPONSE:
Hi there.

It is best to treat the Imperial Armour books as supplements to the appropriate parent GW Codex. However, we felt it was a bit too restrictive to not allow all of the items from IA 3, 2nd edition to be taken in a Farsight Enclave army.  The list of items that can not be taken are as follows - XV81, XV84 and VX89 Battlesuits, Tetra Scout Speeder, Shas'O R'Myr, Tiger Shark A-X-1-0, Remora, Piranha TX-42, XV9 Hazard Battlesuits, Shas'O R'Lai and XV 107 R'Varna Battlesuits.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,
Forge World

So this means that the Enclave Supplement CAN take a few of the Taros Campaign supplement units, namely:

- Barracuda Air Superiority Fighter
- All Hammerhead Turrets
- Heavy Gun Drones
- Drone Sentry Turret
- Remote Sensor Tower
- Mounted Great Knarlocs
- Goaded Great Knarlocs
- Knarloc Riders

- Tiger Shark Fighter Bomber
- Orca Drop ship
- Manta Superheavy Drop ship

Disappointing that we don't get access to quite a lot, but the fact we get something is better than nothing.