News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Junkyard: Gitz it Done Event II  (Read 18956 times)

Offline Ginger farseer

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Space wolves, Eldar, Orks
Re: The Junkyard: Gitz it Done Event II
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2012, 03:58:46 PM »
I'd like to add one battle wagon to my pledge for this month, I will edit my post accordingly but wanted to notify everybody here. I hope I can add to my pledge this late in the month.

I am progressing quite well, with only 4 buggies and 3 kanz (and the wagon) left to paint, will post pics soon.
Be nice to nerds, you'll probably be working for them.

What if by 'fly you fools'  Gandalf was actually telling the fellowship to call the eagles and fly to Mordor?

"Thunder rolled... It rolled a six"

+++Melon melon melon+++
+++out of cheese error redo from start+++
+++Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2012, 11:20:13 AM »
Boy does this Stink I missed this stuff.  I have had a serious case of illness and finally had to go see the mad doc for a fix me up.  Actually the doc might have been better than what I went though in the last month and a half.

So then with that out of the way I just want to say that everyones work looks great really nice work.  I'm really looking forward to watching this thread  since I need to still recover and have another surgery with the mad doc so I can't even get anything done at the moment.   

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »
At long last the Grots are done!  8)

Then from another angle

I updated my original post to show in a nutshell what  I have done this month. LINK

Lots of fun and lots of army completed, I even played a game of green tide against a chaos player and won, good stuff!!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:00:54 PM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2012, 05:03:16 PM »
I'd like to add one battle wagon to my pledge for this month, I will edit my post accordingly but wanted to notify everybody here. I hope I can add to my pledge this late in the month.
I am progressing quite well, with only 4 buggies and 3 kanz (and the wagon) left to paint, will post pics soon.
Glad to hear you're progressing Ginger, and good luck with the addition.  You do know there are only like 8 days left in the month right (well granted you posted that when it was 10).  I don't suppose I might convince you to plop a couple WIP pics on, as it is the only WIP posters are Skeetergod, Respekt and myself, and that's a shame.  What made the previous SBO's, Go Big or Go Home, and Junkyard threads so popular was the vast array of WIP.  Of course that is just my opinion, but it does really help motivate a project by getting input and reactions from the crowd.  Again, that's my opinion.

Boy does this Stink I missed this stuff.  I have had a serious case of illness and finally had to go see the mad doc for a fix me up.  Actually the doc might have been better than what I went though in the last month and a half.
    So then with that out of the way I just want to say that everyones work looks great really nice work.  I'm really looking forward to watching this thread  since I need to still recover and have another surgery with the mad doc so I can't even get anything done at the moment.
Typhon you gotta take care of yourself first and foremost.  Get well soon man, there will be another WotW Orky build project, as part of the ruling council I guarantee it.  It probably won't happen before the new year, but it will happen.

Lots of fun and lots of army completed, I even played a game of green tide against a chaos player and won, good stuff!!!
Skeetergod you painted a green tide this month.  Just eyeballing it I think its around 1050 points, possibly a little more or less.  And since I didn't say it earlier, good choice with the Big Choppa Warboss.  He's a much smarter tactical build for all comers lists these days than the Pk, not to mention there's a bit more variety with conversion.

And now my own Projekt Update, hour 40...
(yes 40, I thought I was overloading the thread with my WIPs here so I held off, if anyone is interested in seeing the WIP stuff in between my last post and now you can PM me or check the globe in my profile.)

Dakka 1

The big change here (aside from the front intake, canopy, and extra detailing) is the landing gear.  I've been wanting to plop on landing gear from the beginning to make the model be able to stand on its own for two reasons, 1 I like landing gear it adds realism as well as the possibility for using it has a non-blown up terrain piece/special objective, and 2 it helps prevent all those falling off the table and breaking events (which have transpired far too often for my tastes)
As it is, I'm unsure about the gear.  It took a long time to build it, but I feel like it's just sucking all the speed out of the model.  I'd hate to scrap it, but I think I might have to.  Sigh, such is the way of scrapbuilding, some things you really think are going to be dynamite and then they just don't come to fruition.
Still not sure where to mount the other 2 Twin Supa Shootas (which are already scratchbuilt and waiting to be mounted), and I was successful at trading some stuff for a Flying stand, huzzah.

Dakka 2

This byrd is all about the speed.  And to think she once looked slow and naff, at the moment she ranks pretty high on my "favorite skratchbuilds" list.  The wings are just tacked on and won't be attached until the flaps are complete (or the shoota mounts), and she still needs rear landing gear, at the moment I'm leaning towards wheels rather than a tailhook.  Don't get me wrong tailhooks are very Orky, but it just doesn't feel right to me.  All in all she's about 75% complete.

And of course what I will really make Dakka 2 the most eye popping centerpiece of my army (if not collection), the base...

I dig the Lictor so much that I'm no longer making it the rear of the base, I'm making it the front.  Oh that poor Slugga Boy, I'm really torn if I should make him a Deathskull loota (which will be the hated rivals of the Bad Moon army I'm building) or if I should just make him a Redshirt.  I really shouldn't make him a Redshirt, but the Trekkie in me is like dying for it.  The dead Kan has got to be my favorite Kan conversion too, shame he won't be getting any legs.  As for the base itself I think it's close, REALLY close but not finished yet.  It's still missing that ineffable something to really bring it all the way home, that je nes sais quoi that I haven't quite figured out yet, and I don't have a lot of time to figure it out either.  Still though I'm gonna try, because I want this to be a home run.

So all in all I estimate the entire projekt is around 80-85% complete.  There's still a lot of work to do what with plating, establishing a mounting pin, wing work, landing gear, guns, not to mention detailing and battle damage.  Ugh, I need to finish, my Orky Pride demands it!

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
OD...  Dakka two is looking great...  Truely a spot on piece of work...  I agree with you, the base is spectacular.  But don't sell the plane short, it looks equally as awesome...

Adam

As for my own project update, I have most of everything painted...  Just need to get a hold of the camera!

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2012, 09:22:21 AM »

Skeetergod you painted a green tide this month.  Just eyeballing it I think its around 1050 points, possibly a little more or less.  And since I didn't say it earlier, good choice with the Big Choppa Warboss.  He's a much smarter tactical build for all comers lists these days than the Pk, not to mention there's a bit more variety with conversion.

Peace
~OD

Thanks OD, I painted up 156 models (can't count Bat Mek as I had him done just before the Scrapyard launched). Now at least I have the option to run a different style list if I want/need to.

That dakka jet is looking fantastic, and as for the base... The little something you are missing is................. .. a SHRUBBERY!  :o
Seriously, a plant of some sort. I am not suggesting a daisey or frilly flower, although that would be funny, but some sort of plant life looking stuff to off set the whole warzone destruction theme you have. That little tuft of terrain will definitely be the peece da resistaance (that is French for really cool).

@ Adamscurr, I am really looking forward to seeing your stuff all painted.

@ Typhon, get better soon, the orks need you. Do we need to send a Mad Doc?

@ Ginger Farseer, sneak into your "others" domain and snick their camera, pictures are worth a thousand words, and some teef.  ;)

I am eagerly anticipating seeing everyones projects done, and the cool pictures to drool over and maybe give me some more ideas of stuff to do.

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 03:23:36 PM »
Everything looks great!

OD:  Wow...what else can I say?  Wow....redshirt the slugga, it sings to the trekkie in me also..if only you could mold a complete Kirk quaffy hairdo...oh well...

SKEET:  Great job!  I really liked the BatMek...truly inspired!

Now to business:  I have to regretfully pull out of the contest.  My family is going through some tough times right now with my wife and her sister both having cancer.  My wife's chemo is going well, all should be ok in a few months; but it takes a lot of support from me on the homefront and I just can't justify the time needed to complete and paint everything by next Wednesday, as it's time I can spend with both my wife and our son.  I feel I let everyone down, sorry and I'll be the bigger man/ork (hard to be anything else when ya weighs in at 300+lbs) and expect to pay accordingly with my teef.  I'll post some pictures when I finally get everything done. 

It all looks great!  I look forward to seeing more finished products!

OEN
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline travisb7

• Ork Boy
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 04:52:26 PM »
Now to business:  I have to regretfully pull out of the contest.  My family is going through some tough times right now with my wife and her sister both having cancer.  My wife's chemo is going well, all should be ok in a few months; but it takes a lot of support from me on the homefront and I just can't justify the time needed to complete and paint everything by next Wednesday, as it's time I can spend with both my wife and our son.  I feel I let everyone down, sorry and I'll be the bigger man/ork (hard to be anything else when ya weighs in at 300+lbs) and expect to pay accordingly with my teef.  I'll post some pictures when I finally get everything done. 

Ork E Nuff,

As someone who has dealt with cancer in their family, I understand the immense emotional, financial, and time constraints it can bring.

If the bosses of this challenge agree, I will take up Ork E Nuff's vow in addition to my own to preserve his Teef. I can't physically help you and your family get through this trying time, but I can always paint a few models to honor the sacrifices you are making for your loved ones.

That being said, I may need to adjust the vow a bit (to fit what I currently own but do not have built). I will total the points tonight of your vow, and match it with an equal point value vow.

-Travis

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2012, 07:53:35 AM »
Travis, you're a saint...  ;)

Ork Enuff...  That really stinks to hear...  But we certainly could not penalize you when you have a lot of much more important buisness at home...  I'll talk with the other bosses, I'm sure we can work something out...

Adam

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2012, 09:09:46 AM »
@ Ork E Nuff  Sorry to hear but glad she is doing well to the treatment.   I have learned that you need to take care of your own first cause I almost checked out last week and really put priorities into place for me.  So please take care of your family  and my you and  your family have many blessing in this time of healing.

@ Skeet trust me what I have been through I think the mad doc did have me for a while

Offline Respekt

• Ork Boy
  • Armies: Orks and maybe a fotm ;)
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 05:16:50 PM »
Good thread here!

Here are my final shots of lootas and my aegis. Paint is meh. I always notice details I completely forgot when I take pics, like I gotta go back and paint all their tongues :(  .

Cheers,

Respekt

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 06:05:48 PM »
In light of the challenges facing Ork Enuff, Skeet and I have decided to offer up a propa challenge...

Anyone is welcome to add an additional model to the Gitz in Done Event in Ork Enuff's name, since his real life challenges are preventing him from making his bid.  Not only will we give you teef for your entry, but we will match those teef to give to Ork Enuff for the month.  This is a good chance to support a fellow member going through some tough times... 

In the spirit, I'll add 5 big shoota boyz...  pic incoming...

Adam

Offline travisb7

• Ork Boy
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »
In light of the challenges facing Ork Enuff, Skeet and I have decided to offer up a propa challenge...

Anyone is welcome to add an additional model to the Gitz in Done Event in Ork Enuff's name, since his real life challenges are preventing him from making his bid.  Not only will we give you teef for your entry, but we will match those teef to give to Ork Enuff for the month.  This is a good chance to support a fellow member going through some tough times... 

In the spirit, I'll add 5 big shoota boyz...  pic incoming...

Adam

Adam,

I'm going to keep my original oath of semi-matching Ork E Nuff's original:

1. 3 Big Gunz with Crew
2. 4 Warbuggies (various stages of painting already)
3. 9 Nobs (various stages of painting - will be repainting as well)
4. At least ONE Ork Objective Marker

I may add to this as well depending on how much I can get done this weekend.

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2012, 12:16:26 PM »
To all:

Wow...thanks guys.  Ya know, most forums on the web are simply havens of faceless know-it-alls who hide within their anonimity and throw nothing but mindless pap and insults at everyone they perceive as a threat to their fragile egos; this forum is really different.  For you young 'uns, this is really a great place to spend some time and learn the ropes from old timers where your opinion is just as valid as the next guy; for you old timers, thanks for makin' this the best place to spend some time on the web and for ensuring that this collection of icons and psyuedonims are treated with both dignity and respect and for administratin' a proper mob along the way.  Ok, enuff of that befores I get sappy...

I'll still attempt to post some pictures of progress along the way on my original projects as time permits.  Again, thanks to everyone out there, you truly are the best!
OEN
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »
And just when I was about to throw out some "mindless pap and insults at everyone they perceive as a threat to their fragile egos..."  ;D 

Adam

Offline Kommando Un'Toof

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Kommando (YFNK)
  • Armies: Orks and Eldar
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2012, 04:33:05 AM »
I'll bite. Though I may regret this decision....

1 Nob Shoota Boy (Still a work in progress...)

Not sure how to turn those into thumbnails..

YFNK,

Un'Toof
"Da small humie can't even pick up dat Grot's choppa! Leav'em, he'll get more killy next time we pass thru." - jawmonkey

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2012, 04:15:45 PM »
Alright...  My dakka jet is up...  I'm pretty happy with the project...  Though I'm thinking of darkening the red on the glass...  More to paint... lol

Adam

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 12:07:38 AM »
OEN, family always always always has to come first, you are doing the right thing.  The whole reason why we formed the Way of the Waaagh was to create a community of people, and while we may all be separated far and wide, when something like this happens we can all try to help out.  Sure teef isn't exactly a real currency, nevertheless I'm gifting you a good sized crate of them which will appear on the next teef update.  Unfortunately at this moment in time it is the only thing I can do, the exception of course being if you need a friendly ear, on that front I am always available to you. 

I'll also convert up 3 kannons in your honor which I hope to have completed by the end of the thread, no idea if I'll have the time to paint though.  Major props goes out to Adamscurr and Travisb7 for their honor models as well.

---

Respekt you've done some great work, don't discount it as 'meh'.  Frankly it's better than a lot of the models I play against.

Kommando Un'Toof it's not a bad start, I also commend you for undertaking the challenge, at this moment there's only a little more than 3 days so it's an undertaking.

Adam that's a great jet man, I dig the heavy rust look.  Was it a standard color or a blend that you used? 

As for myself the builds have been finished at hour 51.  The first couple undercoats are down

now admittedly this picture isn't great, but the black looks great, I'm actually tempted to have the black as the main color, they look really great (I'll have to take some more pics when I get a chance).

Not a lot of time left before the end of the month, lets all power through it.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2012, 09:28:53 PM »
I make rust these days by priming the model with a brownish red, followed by dry brushing red, orange, and yellow.  Then I fleck boltgun metal wherever I feel like, followed by lathering the piece in brown inks...  It makes for a gnarly rust effect... 

Adam

Offline Kommando Un'Toof

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Kommando (YFNK)
  • Armies: Orks and Eldar
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2012, 12:34:02 AM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will not be able to finish the model in time. Had a midterm come up, then life happened. :p

Ohh well I'll get it done soon enough. Saving up for an airbrush now. ^_^ I plan on air brushing my entire Ork Army.  If things turn out well I'll make a tutorial on it.

YFNK,

Un'Toof

Edit: No tutorial needed. There is already a great one here... How to paint Evil Sunz Ork Nob by Lester Bursley
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:29:09 AM by Kommando Un'Toof »
"Da small humie can't even pick up dat Grot's choppa! Leav'em, he'll get more killy next time we pass thru." - jawmonkey