News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Knuckles on Necrodermis campaign - campaign concluded, results pending  (Read 15106 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis campaign - Round 1 begins!
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2010, 05:12:50 PM »
Ok guys here was my first game for the campaign....

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=205865.0

can I also play the bonus mission for this week in a seperate game?  Same sector and all

I got a really cool opponent who wants to play on Friday. 

P.S. I also used our sexy banner...   ;)

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2010, 11:05:26 PM »
The rules for the bonus missions are that they are bonus missions and anyone can attempt them, even if you've already got your sector match for the week. Bonuses are bonuses :). Go to town.

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 12:27:43 PM »
Campaign Game 1 1750pts TMGM vs Imperial Guard -- 29 Sep 2010.
     I used my Standard list and added 1 Tomb Spider (proxied a beat up Destroyer for the game) vs a very Balanced IG army. He was a new opponent as I just met him that day. I also got an offer on a game next week, so the Kill Box Bonus Mission might be do-able for us Necrons  to gain another CP or two.   

Cheers

SupREME-10
Necrontyr Lord
TMGM Necron Cell 100111

Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: Knuckles on Necrodermis campaign - Round 2 begins, Round 1 continues!
« Reply #43 on: October 3, 2010, 10:49:33 AM »
Hiding Something? (Bonus Mission for Round 2)
Perhaps a rival within your own army seeks to steal glory from you, and take the credit for finding the location of the Necrodermus Generator. Or perhaps you simply suspect one of your "allies" isn't sharing everything they know with you. The stakes are high and your master [whoever you serve!] intends to reward the individual who recovers the Necrodermus Generator extremely well. You intend to ensure that reward goes to you!

Play this mission at any points level against the same army as your own! So, if you're using Orks, this game is against other Orks; if you're using Necrons, that's right - fight some Necrons! For the purposes of this mission both players only get 1 HQ choice, which must be an Independent Character - and who isn't a named character [no C'tan or Grotsniks!]. The mission uses the Spearhead deployment from the rulebook. To win this mission, your HQ must survive the battle and the enemy's must be slain. If both HQ choices remain alive [or if both end up dead] the match is a draw, and your faction loses 1 CP as the clues you fight over get destroyed during the scrap-up.

Note that this week, you can get your games in for Round 1 OR Round 2 [or both, if you're that sort of person!]. Round 1 will close at the end of this campaign week, when Round 3 begins.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #44 on: October 4, 2010, 02:27:10 AM »
Here is my bonus mission for week one...

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206051.msg2520801#msg2520801

This mission was a lot of fun.  I hope everyone else is doing well and having fun as well.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #45 on: October 8, 2010, 12:38:59 PM »
Played two games with my Necrons. Neither bonus missions, or agaisnt orks however.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206202.0 Necrons Vs Dark Eldar. (Ork mission though).
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206183.0 Necrons Vs Blood Angels.

A loss and a Draw.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #46 on: October 8, 2010, 01:58:28 PM »
I realize no scoring has been posted yet, but I'm amazed at the lack of smack talk going on! I'm not sure if I like it better with or without smack talk, lol!

Keep up the good work everyone - I'm amazed at how smooth this seems to be running, so let me know if there's any hangups or miscommunication, or if you need me to explain anything in further detail!

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #47 on: October 8, 2010, 02:28:54 PM »
Bonus Mission 1 -- Interupted 2000pts TMGM vs Space Wolves -- 7 Oct 2010.

Go read how TMGM did when it reverted to Old School Necron tactics and style.

Lord with RO & Scythe
10 Imms
10 X 3 Warrs
5 X 2 Dest
5 Scarabs
2 Mono's

VS the mighty Space Wolves of 5th Ed. MewHaHa.

Cheers; and I will refrain from smack talk until I actually face some Krorks and put them down, so far I have only been removing regular bio-mass figures from the Multi-verse.

SupREME-10
Necrontry Lord
TMGM Necron Cell 100111

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #48 on: October 9, 2010, 09:52:26 PM »
Here is the fight that I had with lettheharvestbegin for round 2
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206252.msg2523415#msg2523415

He is starting to get too good at fighting orks, good thing he has to find someone else to pick on next week.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:50:43 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Davinder

• KoN Veteran
  • Is there nothing Gauss technology can't do
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2010, 01:19:50 PM »
Here My first Battle Report for the KoN Campaign: http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206275.0

A great game, Necrons Vs (Kr)orks at 1750pts, sorry it's a bit late but only due to heavy work commitments i only have time of sundays to do this kind of thing.

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
The mission for Round 3 is up. No further matches from Round 1 will be honored. Round 2 will continue till the end of this week, so get those games in and keep reporting!

• Lazerous Penguin
Round 2, Sector 3 orks win.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206353.msg2524654#msg2524654

hopefully i will be able to get round 3 game in as I am going to Vegas for 5 days.   We will see.

Offline incredibleskulk

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
  • I think, therefore I win
dude, i live in vegas, and if you are interested in playing a game, hit me up! we have a nice LGS up north!
The key to victory is the ratio of quantity divided by the ratio of quality multiplied by the points of an army, then times zero, minus how bad you roll dice on average.

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Hey all, the Chief Campaign organizer here to chime in on an important issue:

Since batreps are being submitted to the Batrep Forum at large, rather than in this thread, they are proving tough to track down. Make sure you shoot me a PM listing all your batreps [with links to them!] at the end of each round, so that I can track your progress along with your team captains! Also, I'd like to have links to all the batreps in this thread, and that's just not possible without your help!

Remember that any game you play can count towards your campaign results provided the point level matches that of the sector your in. You earn 1 notoriety point for each batrep submitted - this is a great way to get ahead and prove your the best!

If you've got questions about your notoriety points earned so far, or how your team's doing, you can check here:
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=205138.msg2508945#msg2508945

Just scroll down towards the bottom of the thread!

At the moment it's a tough race, Orks with 10 CP and Necrons with 11 CP.
As for most notorious player, assuming the batreps and everything have been tracked correctly [and if they haven't, you better give your info to your captain!], we have:
Orks - Skeetergod, with 9 NP
Necrons - Moc065, with a whopping 14 NP

It's still anyone's game though, you can gain quite a bit of NP in a single round, and team participation in the extra contests really raises that CP score, so keep at it!

Offline incredibleskulk

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
  • I think, therefore I win
just so it doesnt get missed:

For round 2

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=206259.0
The key to victory is the ratio of quantity divided by the ratio of quality multiplied by the points of an army, then times zero, minus how bad you roll dice on average.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
Hey thanks for the update Gutstikk.

I would love to see a faction update (in the appropriate spot) so we can see who has been active for games, as well as the Notoriaty things.

I like the way you guys have been putting Links to your Batreps in here, I think I read through them all and I have learned a number of great tactics and trick (to use for both armies) so once again, I thank you all. And I would love to see more people do up a Hero page (in the appropriate thread) with cool pictures, stories, links to their Batreps, etc.

Cheers

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
I went to the link that Gutstick gave and I count that I have 18 NP. Maybe I counted wrong?  Yea, I had to take off my shoes to count that high but I am pretty sure I added it up right.

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
I think that your actually at 16np's there SKEETERGOD.

Cheers.

• Lazerous Penguin
dude, i live in vegas, and if you are interested in playing a game, hit me up! we have a nice LGS up north!

I am flying there with my brother.  I am leaving the armies at home though as they would be a real pain in the butt with flying.  (i live in FL) thanks for the invite though. 

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
I went to the link that Gutstick gave and I count that I have 18 NP. Maybe I counted wrong?  Yea, I had to take off my shoes to count that high but I am pretty sure I added it up right.

Is that through round 1, or round 1 and round 2 combined? Already you can start to see why my brain is broken...