News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Seraphim - Auto include?  (Read 1989 times)

Offline badlybuilt

• Armies: Sisters of Battle
Seraphim - Auto include?
« on: September 30, 2012, 10:30:30 PM »
I have had quite a few games with 6th ed now, and am starting to realize how much I am relying on seraphim to do my dirty work on the enemies back line. I take them every single game I play usually 2 squads, varying equipment on the superior. I deep strike 95% of the time and usually this lends to the enemy acting like teenagers on garbage day. I feel like I am using them too much ( if that is possible), but I can't seem to take them out of my list for the sheer damage and terror they inflict. Anyone else feel this way , or am I hindering my list building>?
Quote from: Hymirl
Cross dressing space marines? Not a fan.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Re: Seraphim - Auto include?
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2012, 06:09:42 AM »
They are probably the primary attack unit in the list. Yes, they're good at their job and very useful for it.

The problem is that the sisters army list doesn't have that many units in total to pick from. Where and army like space marines for example have two types of jump pack units, three types of bikes, speeders and an airplane to pick for fast attack we pretty much have two... and one of those is pretty similar looking to the troops unit.

Its difficult to have variety without having much to pick from to be honest. I don't think they've overpowered, they're pretty fairly priced for that you get in all honesty. Do your opponents complain if they play against an eldar army with a farseer in it?
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Prophecy

« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2012, 12:51:05 PM »
I'm going to agree with Hymirl. As a guy who stays away from double force organization and allies I think you need to know your book and the tools it comes with. Sisters really are limited on robust units that can take the fight to the enemy. I realize we are a 12 inch army and that slapping others is the main defense out of CC. Seraphim really have the best chance to be multi-tool. I understand if you feel that taking at least one unit is mandatory in order for you to succeed. I mean what other units do we have that can move that fast, shoot, fight, and actually excel at all of them. Personally I think it is the only one and it makes sense you feel that you need them. 

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »
You don't really have much choice unless you do decide to go the route of allies... one thing you may want to consider is modelling your allies to make them look like regular gals... lady bikers!? well you can if you want to - and use the rules for a SM captain on a bike and a troop bike unit. This doesn't mean they have to "look" like space marines.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 08:02:49 PM »

Some people like having sisters of battle in their sister of battle armies, that's sort of the point that they aren't genetically engineered supermen they're simple human beings fighting against the worst the universe can throw at them... Many people play IG for that same reason.

Saying to "go play marines" defeats the whole point.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:09:03 PM by Hymirl »
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline badlybuilt

• Armies: Sisters of Battle
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 10:31:03 PM »
Thanks for the idea Oink!!! I think when I have a few dollars to throw away , I will be purchasing a cannoness and a SM bike. Somewhat interested if it can be done without her  looking like a child on a motorcycle.
Quote from: Hymirl

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 08:31:48 AM »

Some people like having sisters of battle in their sister of battle armies, that's sort of the point that they aren't genetically engineered supermen they're simple human beings fighting against the worst the universe can throw at them... Many people play IG for that same reason.

Saying to "go play marines" defeats the whole point.

I'm not saying that at all...

I'm just saying that having models that you like the look of, or more variety in units to make your games more interesting should not be considered as a barrier. There is always a way around it. You can convert your own models and use appropriate rules to make the army keep the sisters of battle look that we all love!

people do this all the time with other armies... for instance, the chaos player that converts traitor imperial guard in order to ally with his elite warriors. Sisters of Battle should be no different.

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »
I rarely use them.  Typical list for me is
Celestine - Yes I run her solo with the understanding she is a target.
Uriah
Full Celestian Squad w 2Melta VSS (combi melta/PS) Rhino
3X BSS - FL/HF, Rhinos
Battle Conclave - 3 X Crusader, 2X AF, 4 X DCA, Rhino
2X Dominion Squads 5 Sisters - 2X Melta, Immolator -TLMM
Exorcist X2
Retributor 10 Sisters - 4x HB, Immolator -TLMM (deploys empty and goes tank hunting). 

Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.