News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2 ork questions  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Grotsnik

• Ork Boy
2 ork questions
« on: November 22, 2009, 01:25:48 AM »
1- if you use baddruk you get up to 11 flash gitz if i'm reading this correctly since you "add" him not upgrade a normal git or boy like the other squads do. kommando's and stormboyz for example.
2- if codex really trumps rule book shouldn't dreads be able to cap. obj's, "normally" dreads cannot because vehicles may never yadda yadda. however as codex trumps rule book and dreads "may be taken as a troops choice" well its on page 97 anyway.
Ehh figured we could get some ideas going, the "green"  boards been kinda quiet since the space mongrels have come out.
your buddy with a buzzsaw,
 grotsnik

Offline Dr_Ruminahui

• General | Missing: a title, and smilies
  • Ancient
  • Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui
    • Some of my painted minis
Re: 2 ork questions
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 06:44:54 AM »
1.  Actually, the rule book says "may be lead by" - its unclear whether that means "in addition" or "in replacement".  Given that they don't have a nob (which is the model typically replaced by characters) and given the language for Painboys "One model may be", I would also interpret as being 11 models with Badrukk.

2.  Except nothing says the dread can score - please check page 90 of the rules - it takes more than being a troop choice to score (hint - vehicles never score unless their rules specifically say so).

Inquisitor Moderatis Ruminahui
The rules forum rules - no spamming, no flaming, no playing devil's advocate
------
2007: Tied for Most Valuable Non-Staff Member (with Full Metal Geneticist)
2008: Nicest Member, Strategic Excellence, Best Imperial Guard Poster, Rules Expert
2009: Best Local
2010: Nicest Member, Rules Expert

40KO IG Best painted - Storm troopers & Chimera

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 02:08:02 PM »
2- if codex really trumps rule book shouldn't dreads be able to cap. obj's, "normally" dreads cannot because vehicles may never yadda yadda. however as codex trumps rule book and dreads "may be taken as a troops choice" well its on page 97 anyway.

Yep its troops, and just like every other vehicle taken as troops... for example trukks. It won't be a scoring unit.

The codex will overwrite the rulebook, but only if they're in conflict. There is no conflict here.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline nostromo

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 06:21:26 AM »
Yep its troops, and just like every other vehicle taken as troops... for example trukks. It won't be a scoring unit.
Trukks have troop type? Well that's great news, thank you, now i can fullfill my 2 troop mandatory selection with just 1 unit of boys and a trukk.  ::)   
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:23:46 AM by nostromo »

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 06:57:18 AM »
don't be an idiot, he was saying that a vehicle taking in the troop FOC does not count as scoring, such as trukks taking for a mob of boyz
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 07:32:55 AM »
Trukks have troop type? Well that's great news, thank you, now i can fullfill my 2 troop mandatory selection with just 1 unit of boys and a trukk.  ::)

Learn to read, buy a rulebook, open the rulebook to page 87, read the rules for what dedicated transports count as for the purposes of army organsiation, realise that you're 100% wrong and maybe you ought to have checked your facts before attempting to argue with me.

You're done.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline nostromo

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 09:29:45 AM »
My mistake for trying to be sarcastic, what i was saying is:
Hymirl, you are wrong, trukks are not troops, bad example and as such doesn't contribute to the OP's question.
If they were troops silliness start happening like trukks counting as mandatory troop choice, which is OBVIOUSLY wrong, and if the consequence of a statement you tought was true turns out to be wrong, it means the original statement is also wrong. Proof ad absurdum.

don't be an idiot, he was saying that a vehicle taking in the troop FOC does not count as scoring, such as trukks taking for a mob of boyz

I was being sarcastic while pointing out hymirl was talking cross eyed badger spit when saying trukks are of troop type. That is all.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:37:17 AM by nostromo »

Offline Guildmage Aech

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »
Hymirl, you are wrong, trukks are not troops, bad example and as such doesn't contribute to the OP's question.
If they were troops silliness start happening like trukks counting as mandatory troop choice, which is OBVIOUSLY wrong, and if the consequence of a statement you tought was true turns out to be wrong, it means the original statement is also wrong. Proof ad absurdum.

If you actually bothered to check your facts before making an even bigger idiot out of yourself you'd realise that not only am I right but the rule I directed you to covers your so called 'obviously' impossible example. So yet again;

Learn to read, buy a rulebook, open the rulebook to page 87, read the rules for what dedicated transports count as for the purposes of army organsiation, realise that you're 100% wrong and maybe you ought to have checked your facts before attempting to argue with me.

You're done.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 10:17:06 AM »
If they were troops silliness start happening like trukks counting as mandatory troop choice
Doubtful that this WOULD happen, seeing as they don't score and they're pathetically easy to destroy... The silliness lies only in the example here.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 10:25:33 AM »
Let's put a stop to the namecalling, shall we ?

*click!*

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.