News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: List help?  (Read 936 times)

Offline Jester

• The Mouthy One
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Life is a bet at horrible odds.
List help?
« on: March 12, 2002, 06:04:34 AM »
So anyways, i says to mable...
that was the line i heard from the simpsons in the other room as my buddies baslisk wiped out 2 raiders and his lazcannon smoked a bike. But that was alright, as pretty much everything else was dead.

The result of the game would of been overwhelmingly in his favour but my jetbiked dracon with his shadowfield took 72 lazgun shots and wiped out squad after squad until he got melta'd.

Now i'm not sure if it was dice rolling, or tatics, of bad army selection. maybe it was all 3. I had a 20 man DE squad die to 10 gaurd (only 1 could get in base to base, they fought, the gaurd one, i failed my leadership test and ran off the table). I destroyed the Russ one weapon at a time... i immoblised his walkers 4 times.

here was my army (close anyway)
2 20 man squads w/ Shredders and Splinter cannons, Champ with agonizer, haywire gernades
2 10 man squads with 2 dark lances
1 raider squad with spinter cannon and blaster
2 wytch raider squads
7 reavers (one of which is my dracon)
1 archon, 7 incubi, 2 warriors w/ spintercannons
1 ravager all distingrators

Now i changed my army a little and took the following
4 raider squads w/ spinter cannons and shredders
2 13 man dark lance squads
2 wytch raider squds
dracon on bike with 6 bike retune
raider with 7 incubi 2 warriors with cannons and archon
3 ravagers, all distigrators

(dracon has drugs, agonizer, bike, helm)
(archon has drugs, field, agonzier, helm, Terror, pistol)
if i remember the gear right)

Result, I got aced again. He roll first turn, and the first baslisk shot takes down my retinue and a wytche squad. before i even move. it's all down hill from there.

Now i have no truoble against marines mind you (9 templates a turn from distigrators is mooore enough to wax a marine squad or two), but i just get get gaurd or orks. Orks with a Zaap gun suck. On a big table, okay, No problem. I play on 4x4's. Try outrunning a zaap gun on a 4x4!!!

Nids... well they're not bad.. gaunts are a little weak to deal with raiders, so i get a lot of time to fire... usualy means no more little bugs and i can run around the big bugs and shoot at them...

eldar aren't a good time, but they're definatly dooable, ASSUMEING i can bring down the freaking Wave serpants. GOD i hate those things. Freaking Sword Wind. (Ya, i play sword wind also.. but you know.. .. i also play gaurd.. if it beats me, i play it.. *L*)

So i'm wondering, am i just rolling like crap here, or am i missing something in my list??

either list a or b? maybe i should be useing a webway or something.. i don't know.

Thanks for the help guys
(if the points of the two lists are differnt, i applogize, my friends always let me pick the size of the game because i have the least painted, so when offering help, generaly 1250-1500 pt advice/1700 pt advice is perfered that and id dont remember the EXACT numbers in the squad) thanks agaiN!

(SORRY i double posted twice today.. i post in the DE thing then look down and oh look.. army lists.. oops.)