News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Where to find regional information now that Regional is archived?  (Read 626 times)

Offline fdbetancor

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Howdy moderators!

I'm new to the forum and was excited to see that you had a Regional forum to find local players, which is something I'd be keen on. However, I then saw that it was archived. Is there a new forum where I can post to find local players? I live in Spain and there are plenty of Spanish speaking 40k players, but unfortunately, I am looking for English-speaking players and that is a more limited pool.

Thanks in advance for the assist!

Regards

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Where to find regional information now that Regional is archived?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 09:01:03 AM »
Hello fdbetancor,

There isn't really a lot of activity on this fourm anymore, so it's not the best way to find local players in your area. The regional board was removed, as no-one has posted in them for years.

My best advice, is to see if you can find either

1) Find if there are Facebook groups for local hobby stores and post there seeing if there are folks who speak English who play at those locations. You can also try Emailing, or visiting those locations and asking that way.

or

2) Find if there is a general Facebook group for players in your region and ask there.

or

3) see if there is a Discord for your area?

For me, when I'm trying to find local games, I normally use these avenues myself. It's helpful to find an online community which is just folks in your area. I don't think we have any active players in Spain here anymore.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Where to find regional information now that Regional is archived?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 03:04:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum o bienvenido al foro :)

Unfortunately, the community here is very dispersed these days and there are no active players from Spain here any more that I am aware of.  That said, you are still welcome to ask the question and to start new topic.  You can post it in the Space Tavern.

I would really like to help you, as I'm a native English speaker who also speaks Spanish, but I don't actually play the game any more and I sadly don't live in Spain.  There are quite a lot of British people who do live in Spain though, so I wish you every success in finding someone who plays 40K :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente