News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Imperial Guard Tanks, Tank Commanders and Orders.  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Imperial Guard Tanks, Tank Commanders and Orders.
« on: November 2, 2015, 05:54:33 PM »
This is an idea I've had knocking around for a while and I'd like to share it here.  Right now the only IG tank commander is a company commander equivalent.  I'd like to see more squadron commanders for IG vehicles, including Sentinels.  So here's my idea:

If a squadron of IG vehicles (except fliers) has at least two vehicles in it, then one of them may be upgraded to a squadron commander.  Whilst the squadron commander is still active (i.e, not wrecked) that squadron will have the tank orders special rule as described in the IG codex with one change; the order will only pass on the roll of an 8 or lower on 2d6.

For the record, Full Throttle! would only work on normal and heavy vehicles, not fast vehicles.  They're already fast enough.   

For sentinels, instead of using one of the three tank orders, they will use one of the six infantry orders as described under the Voice Of Command Special Rule (move move move, forwards for the emperor, take aim, suppressing fire, smite at will and...first rank fire.  Because why not? :P)

Finally, if a model with the voice of command special rule embarks upon a non flying transport vehicle from codex Astra Militarum, then that vehicle gains the tank order special rule.  The roll needed to pass the order is equivalent to the highest leadership value of any model embarked on board.  I hope this makes sense.

What do you guys think?  Are these ideas fair?  How much do you think it should cost to upgrade a vehicle to a squadron commander? 
« Last Edit: November 2, 2015, 06:08:53 PM by Skitarii Tangi »