News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: NEW Warriors of Chaos...  (Read 4523 times)

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
NEW Warriors of Chaos...
« on: February 5, 2013, 04:51:00 AM »
I swept into Darksphere here in London yesterday and picked my the new Warriors of Chaos army book and some of the new Dragon Ogres. Unsurprisingly, they had already run out of Chariots!  Not really surprising as chariots are now core.

Now I've only had a brief look though the book but I have to say I like the way its heading.  People will bemoan the point increase of their 50 strong Khorne GW 'rauders but I believe other parts of the book more than make up for it.

I think we're going to see a lot faster WoC armies. As I mentioned chariots moving in to core and warhounds now counting towards your core allocation.

There's a nod towards the old Daemonic animosity which i think is welcome. It has been done with subtlety and does not interfere too much with the army list.

Changes to sorcerers mean a wider choice of lore but a price increase of lower level Sorcerers and the bad assedness of other characters means I think we're going to see more heavy hitting CC nutters on the board. Tzeentch has had his day. 

Named characters have also come down in price and are now feildable in standard games. I'm lining up my Shaggoth for his Kholek make over  ;D

So lets discuss the ups and down, first impressions and what not of the new looking army list...

Arq.

Offline nawari

• Ork Boy
  • There is a bit of wulfen in all of us.
  • Armies: Space Wolves, Orks, White Scars
Re: NEW Warriors of Chaos...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 05:37:56 PM »
i also like the new book. the artwork is pretty cool and there are some awsome background stories which have already inspired me to make up some characters lol.

anyhoo im in love with jugg riders! i have bought 3 and they are AWSOME! that high armour save has saved my bacon and im so happy my lord on a jugg has a unit to go with! :D

my khorne list with no majic is actually more viable than before. now i can get majic resistance from scyla who is now a hero lol (cheapest hero ever!) and the collar of khorne from the upgrade list. by the way how awsome is that upgrade list? soul feeder and burning body are awsome for the points cost, and now a lord can breath fire!!!

the new lore attributes are nice, especially for nurgle ;) and its nice to take a mark but still able to use a different lore.

i think tzeentch has become more durable! a combat tzeentch army will be hard to shift. with all the improved wardsaves running around. like a lord with mark of T, talisman of peservation. mounted on a warshrine with mark of T. LOL 3+ wardsave all round anyone?

one thing i noticed now though, is that chaos will need a BSB. because we no longer re-roll failed panic tests.

overall im really excited about the new book and im writing lists like crazy!!!
Wish i had my own pet thunderwolf! Then i could ride into work and people will be like "Dayymm he so awsome right now!"

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:47:13 AM »

Me Too!

I worte 2 Full Cavalry lists before I got round to just creating a list I could field!
I'vwe don that now and it look pretty darn good.

At first glance I was like, where is the rest of the the magic items! But I love the idea of the mutations and powers. Escecailly as they're an add on to the magic allowence!

There are a few glaring things
 that need to be addressed. As you say the army benefits greatly now from a BSB but I always used to take on anyway so this isn't a biggie for me.

My Jugga Lord is sporting the hellfire sword and soul feeder. He'll recaliming wounds way quicker than taking them!

Offline nawari

• Ork Boy
  • There is a bit of wulfen in all of us.
  • Armies: Space Wolves, Orks, White Scars
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 01:45:10 AM »
yeh that jugg lord loudout is a crazy one lol. i just take valkia now anyways, so if my army runs they will get smashed by her first! the proper way a khorne army plays :p

my mate made up a nurgle lord with mark of nugrle, glittering scales and great weapon. now most things need 6's to hit him lol. its pretty crazy.

and wait till you verse some slannesh majic, its devastating lol. saw an empire army crumble from it haha. then again all crumble before chaos!
Wish i had my own pet thunderwolf! Then i could ride into work and people will be like "Dayymm he so awsome right now!"