News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pts Saim Hann list for 6th ed  (Read 2738 times)

Offline Mr Draken

• Armies: Saim-Hann, White Scars, Space Wolves, Catachans.
1500pts Saim Hann list for 6th ed
« on: July 4, 2012, 09:46:41 AM »
So after looking through the rulebook and what models i have, deciding what i want to take, and spotting some helpful lists around the place ive come up with this!

Autarch: Warp Jump Generator, Fusion gun, Mandiblasters, Power weapon: 125pts

Farseer: Jetbike, Singing Spear, Runes of Warding, Fortune: 133 pts

Warlocks x5: 3x Destructor, 1x Embolden, 1x Enhance, 5x Singing Spears, Jetbikes: 290 pts

Guardian Jetbikes: x6: 2 Shuriken Cannons, a Warlock, Embolden, Singing Spear: 205 pts

Guardian Jetbikes: x6: 2 Shuriken Cannons, a Warlock, Embolden, Singing Spear: 205 pts

Vipers x3, 2x Shrulken Cannons x3: 180pts

Spiders x5, Exarch, duel spinners, Powerblades, withdraw: 152pts

1495pts   

Going for the biker themed army obviously, i feel its pretty strong and very very mobile, looking for thoughts right now as to what people think.

Thanx in advance
« Last Edit: July 4, 2012, 10:11:52 AM by Mr Draken »
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Ginger farseer

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Space wolves, Eldar, Orks
Re: 1500pts Saim Hann list for 6th ed
« Reply #1 on: July 4, 2012, 03:50:01 PM »
Looks like a good list -  very fast, and more hard hitting now with the hammer attack thing that jet bikes get. The large amount of st6 in the list will be very good at glancing to death, but the only high av you have is very short ranged, that might be a bit of a problem popping things like battle wagons or land raiders now - the contence (if not pinned) , will be fre to assault you now, and the eldar jet bike move is more random now, so you can't be sure of a get away. other than that minor detail, this looks like a good list, and quite  similar to what I will probably be taking.
Be nice to nerds, you'll probably be working for them.

What if by 'fly you fools'  Gandalf was actually telling the fellowship to call the eagles and fly to Mordor?

"Thunder rolled... It rolled a six"

+++Melon melon melon+++
+++out of cheese error redo from start+++
+++Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: July 4, 2012, 04:53:04 PM »
I suggest trying shining spears instead of the jet-locks. On the move with skilled rider they have an equivalent super save, and will punch harder in the assault. Also, since they're an FA choice, they will count as scoring for one of the missions. After all the upgrades they cost less, and will net extra points to get your Autarch on a bike as well.

I was never a fan of small spider squads. You might want to consider swapping them for Hawks to deal with higher armor.

Offline Mr Draken

• Armies: Saim-Hann, White Scars, Space Wolves, Catachans.
« Reply #3 on: July 4, 2012, 11:12:11 PM »
Hawks and spears are definitely on my list, i was just playing around with the models i have at the moment, i have a jetbike autarch, was considering putting him in anyway, and putting a squad of 2 vipers with star cannons or bright lances in over the spiders, ill play around points wise and see what i come up with
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Serin / Grieva

• Infinity Circuit
  • "We move, as the winds blow"- Tiamait - Saim Hann
  • Armies: CW Eldar, D Eldar, WHFB Slaanesh Daemons
« Reply #4 on: July 6, 2012, 07:02:30 AM »
Not a Fan of Guardian Jetbike Squads with Embolden Warlocks unless the faarseer goes with them. Stay at range and buy more models to stretch the target priority across your board.

Might want some heavy support for the Big Guns Never Tire mission. Fast Heavy Support is something we have. I personally take 3 Fire Prisms naked. But A Falcon with shuriken cannon isn't bad either for 120 points.

and putting a squad of 2 vipers with star cannons or bright lances in over the spiders

Stick to Shuriken Cannons, they are expensive enough as it is, and Vypers got an upgrade this edition so keep them as is.

Here is my List if you want to see another players look on things.

Farseer: Jetbike, Runes of Warding, Fortune, Singing  Spear
6 Warlocks: Jetbikes, 3 Detructor, 2 Embolden, 1 Enhance

6 Guardian Jetbikes: 2 Shuriken Cannons

2 Vypers: 2 Shuriken Cannons + 2 Shuriken Cannon Upgrades
2 Vypers: 2 Shuriken Cannons + 2 Shuriken Cannon Upgrades

Fire Prism
Fire Prism
Fire Prism

Not a do it this way, just a look at what you can get for your points. I run a fluffy Path of the Seer army, so Seer council in 1500 is a huge point sink, take Embolden Warlock and 6 Guardians instead, its cheaper, work your troops around that.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2012, 07:27:29 AM by Grieva »